James Maddison

https://twitter.com/theafcbeii/status/1404857080067117060?s=21

Basically saying there’s been interest in the last few months and that trusted sources have told him we’re interested

No I’m ok thanks. Would rather sign the former US president James Maddison.

2 Likes

A wild Phoebica appears.

1 Like

I hope you’re trolling. He’d be our best player instantly.

3 Likes

I think he’s pretty good but he’ll be overpriced.

Grealish >>

1 Like

If he’d be our best player then we are in a worse state that I though. He can’t even get into the England squad! He is all style and no substance.

Would be a underwhelming signing

3 Likes

How does him not getting in to the England squad mean he isn’t a player that could improve us?

It’s a non starter anyway.

2 Likes

Not a fan of his grooming. So a NO from me

He’s just came back from a fairly bad injury whilst Fodens been killing it

1 Like

I said he wouldn’t be our best player.

Maybe he would improve us slightly based on the players we currently have. But there are hundreds of players who could improve us more for less.

2 Likes

Good enough reason

Would walk into our team.

He has mad sauce

3 Likes

I feel like this is sadly true. Very good player but honestly I feel like we’d get absolutely fleeced here financially. I could see Leicester expecting a fee that would buy you just about any player in world football outside maybe ten names or so.

Now if this wasn’t the case and a reasonable deal could be done then I’d much rather Maddison than say Odegaard.

2 Likes

I’d rather have him than Fekir or some of the other names that have been mentioned as backup plans if Odegaard falls through.

He was having a really good season before the injury. If he hadn’t gotten injured he’d have gone for 10+ goals and 10+ assists in the league.

The injury seems a little scary though as its not the first time and it seemed like a thing where nobody really knew when he would get better or how his rehabilitation would go.

Pretty disappointing if true. He’s gonna cost a lot and he’s no better than Buendia.
Hope he is just a name on the list. I don’t want us to sign an expensive young AM for the same it. We have ESR and Saka has shown he can play there. Just need an experienced head in there that isn’t washed like Willian. Plenty of guys out there that are affordable.

Btw, I’m with @Phoebica on this. He won’t be our best player.

2 Likes

Fuck I’ve just read the whole Bell thread. They say English media may deny it but he is the focus for Arsenal now.

I assume Odegaard is dead. Well, at least they’re ambitious. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Great stuff

Madders >

1 Like

Yeah I’m optimistic about this one. Makes me laugh how many people are being picky about this when we can’t really be picky right now :rofl::rofl:

Unless he’s crocked and they’d sell on a discount why would they sell for much less than they sold Maguire?

He’s got a long contract, just a weird rumour all round.

2 Likes