James Maddison

It’s not that deep mate, it’s all meant in good humour, you don’t have to be a Debbie Downer in every single post.

What does Scottish have to do with it? :joy: Because he’s dour ?

Just check the thread would you.

1 Like

I have, thats partly what inspired me to comment about how some people’s negativity is a bit OTT

He fucking hates the English national team and its fans mate, think that was the point :grin:

:rofl: Just always thought he was :grin:

He’s not wrong there tbf :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’ve actively backed the signing and your just cherry picking for whatever reason.

Never came home. Get over it.

1 Like

What every successful club does, is get a proven top level European manager.
Our owners kept Wenger too long and then hired successive managers that were no where near the top of the list of any decent PL club

Getting a novice at a club of our stature proves they are, not only inept at running a football club but lacking in true ambition.

As for spending money, it’s true they have spent, but far too little too late.
They left it so long to invest in the team, that we were always playing catch up, not only with the top PL clubs, but mid table clubs as well.

Lol, told to get over it by a man who spent the whole summer being a a bitter contrarian shitting on the hopes and dreams of his compatriots.

I wish you’d got over that at some point.

Are we gonna ignore Lampard at Chelsea, Zidane at Madrid, Tito at Barca, Ole at Man Utd just the past decade?
I’m sure there are more examples.

Gave my reasons for it and they were born out during the tournament again.
Now get it back on topic can we. Don’t be equating my support of Arsenal with not supporting England.

2 Likes

Lampard was sacked after a few games and Zidane won the CL more times in a few seasons than all our managers put together.

As for Solskjaer, he has turned Man U round and finished second to the best team in Europe.

The top successful clubs in the PL wouldn’t hire a complete novice, let alone persist with one and they certainly wouldn’t have kept Wenger so long only to replace him with two consecutive underwhelming managers.

He was there for a year and a half

But that proves my point really. None of the guys I mentioned were proven top level coaches when they took over.

But they achieved relative success.
Zidane couldn’t be sacked because of his amazing CL success and Solskjaer turned Man U around after Mourinho had ruined them.
If neither of them had done this, they would have been sacked.

Our management recruitment and transfer strategy is the worst of almost any top club in the PL and this, along with a lack of urgency or any sort of plan to take us forward, has seen us drop out of the top six places.

So, until it changes, I can’t see how our performances in the league will change much either.

1 Like

Yeah this is bullshit.

It’s actually possible to hate the England team and everything they and the circus that surrounds them stands for and still dislike the way Arsenal are run as a club.

1 Like

To the people that quoted me or have gone off some BS, who even said we’re stuck in 8th forever? You’ve made that shit up when the topic has been about Maddison and his choice to come here. Craigie, stroller, Ljungbergkamp and quite a few others seem to get the basic message about this Maddison situation and not resorted to dumb replies like “oh might as well pack it in then eh”. Read the post for what’s been said quit coming up with your own daft interpretation just because you don’t like the content.

Anyway to the topic, why would Maddison be looking at us in 5-10 years when his career is here and now? We’re attributing a fans mindset to a footballer which is ridiculous.

His next logical step is Champions League football and the England national team playing in the biggest games. Is this happening over the next few years here? Would take massive investment and perfect decisions across the board to achieve this over STERN competition who are only getting stronger. These are things in recent times we never do and show no sign of doing. Sometimes the quality just isn’t there.

Most things about our team and management are not good enough. Owners shit, directors shit, mentality shit, decision-making shit, manager pretty shit and squad mostly under par for Champions League standard with some promising players to build around. This is the dumbest time to be gloating about us being this powerhouse of a club over Leicester when we’re still chasing Leicester in several departments. We called Liverpool fans deluded for years for doing the same things. These good players we’re chasing won’t be as deluded about our greatness as we are.

Leicester: better manager, better owners, better in the market, on par if not better goalkeeper, top class right back (with injury problems), on par CB’s, better midfield three (as a unit), striker that’s still fired up more than ours is.

Maddison has plenty of time to attract interest from superior teams like United, Liverpool, Chelsea if he stays another year at Leicester.

5 Likes

Top post

(I was gonna read my book during my work break but that was better lol)

1 Like

I don’t think anyone thinks or has said these are contradictory positions