James Maddison

Indeed.

6 Likes

I think there was originally a post about those hating on England also hating on Arsenal now.

I’m just trying to say that the hate of Arsenal is a little more ‘reasoned’, shall we say?

England kinda deserve to be hated :wink:

1 Like

It seemed to me to be a mere observation, rather than an accusation of that being contradictory.

But how does that mean we’re done as a force forever? This is the upcoming seasons we’re talking about as well as our potential to land this big money transfer of a class player in a consistently better team. It’s mad as hell to think a footballer in their prime is going to be looking at us with the lens of ‘many years down the line’.

1 Like

I didn’t say it did. I was quoting your bullshit interpretation from the same thread that you just called others out for their bullshit interpretations in.

No offence but there’s been many posts in this forum of late saying it’s all negativity and Arteta out is boring etc. Then we get the same posters saying we can challenge for top four. I think my takeaway from that is pretty fair.

2 Likes

No offence taken, but suggesting that people are just being positive because “the forum need a fresh take etc” is your bullshit interpretation, rather than you reading posts for what’s actually been said.

1 Like

Agreed. Don’t like this signing, especially when you factor in the price.

1 Like

I gauge a transfe’s likelihood based on how many unread posts a thread has. At this point he’s basically a Gunner

Gonzalo Higuain thread comes to mind

He was great for us

1 Like

Don’t forget Yann M’vila. Surely, he is an all time Arsenal great.

1 Like

Maddison stats thread here for fellow nerds.

Hard to shake the notion that he is a good player who would definitely improve us but that Aouar or somebody like Nkunku would be much better value for money.

4 Likes

Great post.
I agree with all this but as long as there are supporters that defend it and think that every player we buy is brilliant, only because it’s us who’s buying him, this situation will continue.

We have laughed at clubs like Liverpool and spurs for their stupidity and deluded supporters but, until we change, we are the same as them.

Like a few others, I saw this coming quite a few seasons ago and it’s so frustrating to see it happen but even more annoying was that some supporters actually defend how far they’ve dragged us down and insist that Arteta is the right manager, Kroenke is ok and they just need yet another season.

How much more of this nonsense do we need to see before people realise that the people running the club are useless?

I’ve often said that the club are more than happy at our consecutive mid table finishes because it means the level of expectation from supporters will go down accordingly.

We should be a top four contender every season as a matter of course, not as some sort of success like Arteta and the board will say, if we finish next season higher than we did in this.

3 Likes

Do people really need all these graphs and charts to know what Maddison is all about. Surely these Twitter kids have watched a bit of Leceister over the last few seasons. They’re always decent value to watch as a neutral.

Though I genuinely believe the more you obsess over metrics the less genuine football these kids actually watch.

1 Like

This season screams classic coach and technical director under immense pressure so just going for what they cosider ready made players who know the league even if it means spending much more money.

4 Likes

After ESR’s no.10 announcement, this is now dead in the water. ESR will be our starting 10, with Willian deputising most likely. Yay.

1 Like

An OA Special currently. Twisty twisty twisty

2 Likes

We gave the best playmaker in the world at the time the #11.
Anyone really think Maddison being given #10 is what attracts him to Arsenal?

Speaking to a Leicester fan at work today.

He said Maddison has shown up to training (as you would, I suppose), and he’s pretty happy with selling Maddison if it comes to it. He isn’t sold on Perez (most Leicester fans aren’t) but Perez could step in and do most of Maddison’s work, according to the chap at work.