Jack Wilshere

Has he played that much since then?

And while Jack Wheelchair is funny as hell, can’t help but feel bad for him, especially his kid. Kids can be nasty little things.

3 Likes

Arsenal should allow him to train here - Jack should try and get some media training, he’s never struck me as a smart guy with TV presence but he got the time to learn.

1 Like

“Shouldn’t have left Arsenal”

Yeah, cos we’d probably still have you contracted to the club out of pity on a Diaby deal.

2 Likes

This is one of those that if Wenger was here Jack would at least be training with us.
IIRC, Jack mentioned that he sent some messages around about training with us and the club essentially snubbed him and blamed it on COVID procedures.

1 Like

I’m sure there’s a wealth of clubs at different levels he could approach.
Sure if he got in touch with the PFA he would get sorted for training somewhere.
He must have a wealth of contacts in the game. Just feels like he is trying to put a bit on the club here and don’t think we are doing anything wrong.

2 Likes

We owe him nothing. All the best to him, but he’s had months to find a club.

I think this is the key thing. No doubt some championship sides or even League one would love him but I doubt he can accept dropping to that level in his own head. Lower level la Liga side even maybe. Worked for Santi.

2 Likes

He was playing in the Championship with Bournemouth and they didn’t want to renew him. Think he’d be fine with playing at that level, but he’s insistent that he hasn’t had any offers from anywhere.

Perhaps he has wage demands that have put clubs off. Though from the article it sounds more of a mental thing, he is losing his identity by not playing football.

1 Like

Yea I definitely meant wages being part of it. To go from a 100kish a week player to maybe 5-10 is a big deal I’d imagine…even if 5-10 is better than zero.

And I won’t pretend to have read the article, this is very much an outside looking in assessment, I probably haven’t a clue what I’m talking about really.

Does anyone believe he hasn’t got any offers?
I think it must be case of him not having the offers he expects from the clubs and the wages he wants.
If he genuinely has 0 offers then he should fire his agent immediately. :rofl:

Whenever he decides to hang up the boots I hope we can offer him a role somewhere, maybe as a coach in the academy.

1 Like

Why? What’s the credentials? Ex player who got injured.
Don’t see the reasoning on that sentiment tbh.

4 Likes

Yeah let him earn his strips somewhere else and if he proves his quality he’s welcome back home. Until then, I’m not interested.

3 Likes

This is what a combination of the wrong attitude and injuries can do to your career.

Been said nuff times but firstly the kid wasn’t anywhere the level he was hyped up to be, but also he spent a lot of time going out, drinking, getting into fights and smoking etc…. If you want to be a top athlete especially in the current climate then you can’t get on like that. For me what was most telling about his attitude was him choosing the easy loan deal by going to Bournemouth because his then gf like the area and Afobe or whoever the fuck it was was also there instead of going to Milan where he could of infinitely improved his game, learned and grown as a player and individual.

Not to be harsh but I don’t really care that he still don’t have a club to play for.

2 Likes

First team manager?

Sure, why not. He could enjoy a few smokes on the sideline like Sarri.

1 Like
1 Like

Stuart clearly built up a bit of a personal bond with Jacky Boy over the years

4 Likes

Yeh I was thinking that’s a pretty bold claim to be honest. Obviously on his day Jack was great but hardly the best to ever play the game and his good days came every year or 3.

Weird story Jack Wilshere not sure we’ll ever know the full extent of why it went the way it did for him. I find it so strange that more teams aren’t willing to offer him pay to play contracts.