Jack Wilshere

I live in L.A. for 26 years, and I watched enough MLS games to give you that two word conclusion.

The MLS is for the South Americans and Latin Americans to practice and improve; and a place for the retirees to prolong their careers and getting paychecks.
I don’t know what kind of insight you need to realize that.

I heard that he doesn’t want to leave the country because of his son.

I can respect that. Good for him in that case.

He doesn’t have the mentality, like @stroller said he had a promising start then started to plateau and go down hill. It’s true injuries have had a major part but also he spent a lot of time going out, partying, smoking and getting into fights etc… lots of other players have been to plagued by injuries but have managed to achieve things and stay at top club’s

He was another of those overhyped youngsters who fans jumped on with all that “arsenal dna” crap but truth is he was just mediocre.

2 Likes

Swap Wilshere for Fabregas and Rangers for Barcelona and this could be an article from 2009/11 :joy: tapping up cunt

1 Like

Good advice from Xavi. Premier league is too competitive for his body.

1 Like

La Liga or Serie A huh? Sounds to me that’s something that he considered after leaving us but didn’t go for it(West Ham looked like a smoothest transition).
He says he won’t rush it this time and will take his time.

Wow 10 years later and Xavi still has mad love for Wilshere. Speaks volumes on how good 19 yr old Jack was.

1 Like

If he goes to Italy it’ll go the same way it went for Richards and Joe Hart - I.e absolutely shit. He has no tactical discipline whatsoever and when you factor in how far past whatever his best was and his injury history it’s going to be a disaster.

He should take the step down to Scotland and just have a good ending to an underwhelming career whilst he still has name value.

If he goes to a lower table Serie A club and flounders that doesn’t exactly leave him with much room to manoeuvre at all.

6 Likes

If he flopped in Serie A someone will still take him in the Scottish Premiership, they’re desperate over there.

Erm, didn’t even know this happened.

2 Likes

Legend. Superstar. Gentleman.

Pele wasn’t bad, either

3 Likes

He just have too many bad predictions.

What . . . Like Mystic Meg :rofl::skull:

1 Like

Every WC and big tournament, he would always come out to predict which team will win it all and whom will be the best (young) players etc.
By default he already had an advantage (to tip Brazil/Brazilian) but somehow he failed most of the time to make the right prediction.

2 Likes

This has gone down like a lead balloon with West Ham fans :ozil:

https://twitter.com/whufc_news/status/1324771964721025027?s=21

9 Likes

Once a wannabe always a wannabe.

2 Likes

West Ham though to be fair this season haven’t been too terrible i dont see them as relegation candidates at all, in fact they have been tough opposition this term.

2 Likes

Wilshere coming out with them guns.
Not sure if his teammates over there are OK with it but Mark Noble hasn’t been speaking kindly about them either so I guess there’s some in the backroom who agree with Jack.

Would you take him back on a trial?
Have him train with us for a bit and give him a short-term contract if he looks up for it?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters