Jack Wilshere

Could only be ever given short term contracts. His injury record makes him a liability.
Disaster signing for West Ham this.

Heā€™s very welcome back to train with us. He can pull a Flamini. :grin:

1 Like

heā€™s apparently of to rangers

Was never keen on him for a long time. Joining that lot free reign too abuse then.

Rangers would be a great move for him tbh probably the biggest club he could get.

1 Like

Really hope it works out for Wilshere.

His level of talent deserves it.

Surely a PL club would go for him as well?

Why though. Heā€™s finished and just a blight on your wages.

1 Like

Yeah, his wages will be a blocker. Does Rangers even have the money to offer him a PL like contract?
I can see a couple of PL clubs offer him a solid short term contract and see how it goes still.
Btw, didnā€™t Rangers shit the bed with their group in EL? I remember Benfica and Standard Liege was in there?

Heā€™s already operating on a cancellation of his West Ham contract. If theyā€™ve bunged him half his salary up front then he can probably take 25k or whatever from Rangers for a year.

At this point he may consider a decent season playing under his mate in a title race better than being on the bench at Fulham. I think itā€™s a good idea for him to leave England and have a clean slate somewhere else.

5 Likes

Such as?

Can see Fulham, WBA, Sheffield, Villa, Brighton, Palace and Newcastle.
Could see them low-balling him with a one-year contract on relatively manageable wages and see how it goes.
I mean thatā€™s whatā€™s heā€™s asking, an opportunity to play again.
Weā€™ll see what he does. Reckon he gets signed up by February.

Why would you want to play for them nothing clubs over a club like Rangers managed by Steven Gerrard lol and potentially be one of the best players in the league playing in Europe and the potential of winning stuff.

Heā€™s done in the PL he done the bottom half thing with West Ham and it was an absolute disaster.

2 Likes

I actually donā€™t know what his game is now outside of injuries.
What does he bring on the pitch. Genuine question.

1 Like

Pretty much like his last season with us which was vastly overrated by some at the time.
He hasnā€™t been trusted this year, and I canā€™t blame West Ham for that though.

1 Like

Why do people think that MLS is an easy league to play in, especially if you have a history of injuries? MLS is an extremely physical league full of a special blend of shithousery featuring South American shithousery and good old fashioned homegrown American clogging shithousery. Yes, itā€™s a slower league than the EPL but a somewhat high profile guy like Wilshere would be a target from Day 1.

3 Likes

Honestly donā€™t see were he fits anybodyā€™s needs. Injuries are not his only issue his game never truly developed after a promising start imo.
Isnā€™t better than Rangers offer and the pace and nature of being in a team that controls most of their games heā€™s a mug if he turns them down.

1 Like

MLS is shit.

One word, SHIT.

Thank you for that constructive addition to the thread. I look forward to more insightful posts like this one.

I honestly think he could have a decent run in Italy if he just sacked up and left the UK, which he doesnā€™t seem to want to do. Less physical league, lots of time on the ball, a footballing culture that prizes technical ability, etc. I think he could still be a really good player for a midtable Italian club like Fiorentina and maybe in that league he could actually sustain some form and fitness for a while.