Jack Wilshere

I knew someone was gonna say this lol. Wasn’t meaning goal wise. Just a world class homegrown CM

Not sure there’s any sane PL club that would take a punt on Jack now. West Ham are the only one dumb enough to have taken a chance on him, and they already did that 2 years ago.

16 PL appearances in 2 years…who is going to sign him even if for free?

1 Like

Wilshere could control a midfield with 1 touch passing better than Gerrard though.

1 Like

He should move abroad to a less physical league, or the Middle East would be good for his injuries and wallet too.

Should link up with Santi and Xavi

Go for the paycheck, stay for the thigh grabs.

Fuck Jacky Wilshere’s career is a pretty sad story.

3 Likes

On the other hand he did get to win an FA Cup with a club he played at since he was a child. That by itself is pretty incredible.

Maybe he should have had a better career but some people are super talented without the required durability. And then you have guys like Xhaka who might not have the ceiling of a 19y old Jack, but are basically Bruce Willis in Unbreakable.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Prediction: Jack Wilshere will move to Derby County to play with Rooney and will guide them to 6th place in the Championship.

Heading for reality television shows is our Jack. New Jimmy Bullard.

1 Like

ELI5. Why would he accept that, and if does, why doesn’t Ozil do the same? I mean surely Wilshere would have to give up a lot of money, wouldn’t he?

All these guys that have lately left us have really stunk up the joint.

Alexis somehow managed to outdo Di Maria flopping at Utd. Giroud spends more time during the season begging to get some minutes. Chamberlain is a glorified utility player at Liverpool. Ramsey hasn’t featured much at Juve. Wilshere is semi-retired. The list goes on and on ffs.

And the common theme between these guys is that they were actually starters for us.
Probably says a lot about our level?
Gotta give it to Arsene, he always got the best out of midfielders and forwards. If he only had the same effect on defenders and goalies. :eyes:

Bar Wilshere and Alexis, they’ve all won trophies :man_shrugging:

Doesn’t matter. Barring Giroud, all of them have been average or bad.
At the end of the day, are they considered important players at their respective clubs? Do the fans of those clubs really care about them? They will be easily forgotten once they leave.

Same energy.

Giroud technically shouldn’t be in this list as he has actually performed when given the chance. But after winning the EL, FA Cup WC he is is still considered expendable and some even hate his guts.

I think a move either to MLS or Staying in England and playing out the rest of his career in the Championship. Such a shame for Jack, had so much potential but injuries did him in. I think mid table Championship side where he hopefully play most weeks or moving to the States and try to make as much money as he can with however long he’s got left (only 28 too). I do wonder with how tough the Championship is would it be good for his injury prone legs.

Good luck to him.

I suppose if they offered to pay him the majority of his remaining contract he might think its a good deal if he is confident of getting another contract elsewhere. Then it’s like he’s getting paid twice for next season, getting most of his salary from West Ham as part of the termination and then whatever wage his new club give him, plus signing on fees etc. It could work out to be better for Jack financially, depending on the terms offered by West Ham and his new club, with him earning more than he would do just staying at West Ham. No clue on specifics of his fitness situation, but if fit he’d probably play more too, so that could motivate him if the money is also right. This would also be better for West Ham than him sticking around as they wouldn’t pay 100% of what they would have had to pay him.

I can’t see any club offering him more than a pay for play basis. They’d be incompetant not to. He’s played 600 minutes in 2 seasons. In contrast he played 2100 minutes the season before he went there. I think his careers over now sadly

Yeah, I agree basically, at least in so far as I don’t think it’s gonna be straightforward for him. It’s not a given that there will be suitors.

I was just explaining a hypothetical situation in which he might be willing to terminate his contract with West Ham. If you’re right, which I think you may well be, then I’d say it’s highly unlikely he’ll accept having his contract terminated, if its his last big payday. I certainly wouldn’t if I were him.

He would be wrecked in MLS. People don’t realize how physical the league is.