Jack Wilshere

Yeah, won’t disagree here. I think Walcott seems like “a nice well spoken boy”, which is a decent start, but not sure whether that’s any indication that he’s intelligent or insightful.

I see none of the required ingredients in Jack :joy:

1 Like

Theo will surely be a pundit, he has mentioned this before. He’s got the charisma so he should be alright.
Last gunner to give it a go was Thierry and he was terrible at it btw. It really amazes me at times how some great players can ruin their image just by opening their mouth. Xavi is another one.

I feel like this is absolutely one of the things he’s always lacked haha. Nice guy clearly, but never came across as particularly interesting or as someone with a magnetic personality.

I mean he ain’t Roy Keane but he ain’t Milner either. :rofl:

Was he? I mean, I know he wasn’t pulling up any trees or anything, but he wasn’t that bad at it, was he? He was certainly a better pundit than manager.

I thought he was terrible. I’ve seen a couple of people say the same. Many didn’t find it surprising he flopped as manager because of his days as a pundit.
He never provided any useful information. To be fair to him, the language barrier was very evident I think he would have been more expressive in his native language. His highlights as a pundit were:

• when he talked about “pockets” in football,
  • his reaction to Rodgers getting sacked
  • all the times he criticized Arsene and Arsenal.

Legendary :grin:

1 Like

Henry is very charismatic and cool, that definitely carried him for a while. If there’s a lack of insight from a pundit, they better at least be charismatic or funny or something. The truly terrible ones for me are those who have fuck all of value to say and sound boring or annoying saying it. Like Ian Wright is not the greatest pundit for insight by a long stretch but he adds a lot of value with his personality and how he interacts with the others hosts and pundits, there’s always room for that.

1 Like

Is he not allowed to do to that lol

Of course he was. But those were his highlights. People waiting to see Henry shitting on Arsenal and Giroud getting pissed every few months because Thierry said he ain’t good enough. :rofl: Those were the days.

Yeah I would quite happily rather listen to Thierry Henry than the likes of Michael Owen.

1 Like

Untitled

Where next for Jack?

1 Like

NBC Sport

Sad how injuries absolutely ruined him I thought he was gonna be our Lampard or Gerrard when he broke through

3 Likes

You could see this coming miles off. No one should of signed him on anything other than a pay per game contract.

3 Likes

If he’s willing to take a pay cut of about £99,500, then I’m sure he’s hometown club Stevenage would be pleased to have him.

3 Likes

Every club after Jack Wilshere has been with them for 2 years and been injured 20/24 months in that time:

1 Like

Yeah still fucking heartbreaking.

1 Like

Never going to be anywhere as good as them. Didnt have the goals for a star of them two.

1 Like

19 yr old Jack dominated a prime Barca midfield. Adament he would have been World Class if he wasn’t a crock.

4 Likes