Jack Grealish

1 Like

Well heā€™s certainly had more of an impact this season lol

2 Likes

SHOCKER ! PLAYER PRAISES HIS TEAMMATE !

4 Likes

He also compared Grealish to Messi, so :woman_shrugging:

I agree.
This season Aubameyang has been average and under Arteta he has gradually become less effective.
But Grealish is proven quality in the PL and is better than any of our attacking players although, with the options we have, that isnā€™t difficult.

But we wonā€™t get him for several reasons.
Why would he leave Aston Villa?
If he did leave why would he choose us?
We wouldnā€™t pay what it would take to get him.
Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City etc, are far more attractive.
Arteta must be a turn off for any decent player.

The only thing that he might find attractive about our club is that we have young England players like ESR and Saka but I canā€™t see the lure of Lacazette, Willian or Pepe tempting him.

Grealish and Watkins are exactly what we need but we arenā€™t getting either of them.

1 Like

If only Auba could play as a striker then both could work in the same team.

2 Likes

Why would Watkins be what we need when we have Aubameyang?? Unless Iā€™m missing something theyā€™re not even in the same stratosphere of quality of player. And I like Watkins.

2 Likes

If we win the EL, I fully expect the club to waste a whole fucking window fighting with Villa to budge on that Ā£100m fee for Grealish.

1 Like

Frustrating because we could have signed him for a lot cheaper (less than even Xhaka/Mustafi) when he was at ā€œpuntā€ level playing with Villa in the lower divisions.

Doubly frustrating because they conned us when they bought Martinez and theyā€™ll most likely take us to the cleaners if we pursue Grealish.

Iā€™ve kinda lost a lot of love with Arsenal in the last 5 years (corona hasnā€™t helped) but a big domestic signing might be enough to get me interested again.

3 Likes

That was a bloody quick like @Cristo

You must be a fast reader :joy:

Meh. Heā€™s developed into the player he has mostly because he stuck with Villa and got to be thier main man season after season. I donā€™t think heā€™d be half the player he is now if heā€™d left at 21/22. I also have long suspected he will be a little bit shite or at least not perform at the same level whenever he does leave them.

I think thatā€™s reasonable.
I believe he will eventually do well wherever he goes but I doubt he will ever live up to the hype or the price.
Whenever he goes itā€™s gonna be for a massive fee. Media are gonna be on him 24/7. Huge pressure.

Pretty sure the only thing my two degrees ever actually taught my was how to read things quickly so I could get to the pub :joy:

1 Like

Saka pull is different.

1 Like

Auba
Grealish ESR Saka
Partey Odegaard

God damn needed.

6 Likes

Whatā€™s the likelihood of Pepe getting sold?
A better question would probably be, do we think Arteta considers Pepe in his long term plans?

Iā€™d keep him tbh.

I think heā€™s a player who even if heā€™s not starting he will still rack up a good amount of goals and assists.

2 Likes

Big opportunity for Jack to mark his name in the history books. Could just stay and win the PL title for his boyhood club.

Probably wonā€™t happen though. :grin:

Nice comp

I just donā€™t want to sign him. Has expensive flop written all over him. At Arsenal anyway.

1 Like