Isco

Fat old lazy Spanish cunt. We have absolutely no need for one of these.

4 Likes

The way I see it: we need to reach Champions League football for the money. We have two ways of doing that, top four or win the Europa League. Top four is gone, but Europa League is manageable. Can Isco help with that? For sure.

Our squad is a mess right now. But a lot of that will be cleared up in the summer with contracts that end. I reckon we can carry his wages for another 4-5 months. In the summer we should have leaned down in such a way, both number wise and financially, we can properly continue the rebuild.

A lot depends in this scenario if Arteta can get him fit in a short period of time.

1 Like

This would be a terrible move.

1 Like

Loan deals are so secondary though. Questionable whether they want to come or try too improve their form. Iā€™d pass on anymore loan deals now.

2 Likes

For whatever reason it always blows my mind that Isco, Eriksen and Wilshere are only 28 years old.

Seems like theyā€™ve all been around for a hundred years.

1 Like

I donā€™t think thereā€™s ever been a loan deal (in the time Iā€™ve followed Arsenal since 2006) that really, properly, fully worked out for us apart from Thierry Henry for the nostalgia vibes and Leeds goal alone.

1 Like

Beneyoun was decent for us in 11/12

1 Like

Him and his wife have just welcomed another baby in their family. I doubt he would be willing to move to London now. It makes more sense for him to join another team in Spain.

That explains all the baby weight.

12 Likes

Thatā€™s a lot of ifs. If we get him up to par, if he even gives a shit. Thatā€™s not a good fit for a loan and under no circumstances should we sign him to a permanent deal. Thatā€™s more short term thinking. Weā€™ve already crippled the budget with Willian, Aubameyang and Cedric. Why compound the mistake?

1 Like

More reports

How reliable are AS?

The thing I hate the most about this transfer is that these motherfuckers had months to sign an attacking midfielder, which was number one priority, and now they are thinking about a fat Isco.

6 Likes

Could call it a Fiascoā€¦

7 Likes

I donā€™t even mind Isco that much so I donā€™t want people to get the wrong idea that I have an agenda against him particularly.

But itā€™s what this move represents. More lazy stupidity from this club and proof they have learnt NOTHING from Cedric, Willian deals. And they will continue doing this bullshit.

2 Likes

I think the Isco deal is worse than those. At least Cedric and Willian have had PL experience. Willian finished his best season with Chelsea before leaving.
What exactly do we think we can achieve getting a struggling Isco who played in La Liga all his life on loan in January?

1 Like

Iscoooo, letā€™s go!

1 Like

Hehe. This insituation that La Liga players might struggle with the PL whilst Spanish playmakers absolutely dominated this League :joy:.

Talentwise there is not issue. Can Arsenal get him match fit is the question.

2 Likes

When you look at players like Havertz coming to Chelsea for an insane fortune you know that nothing in this league is a sure thing.

I think the opportunity to take Isco on a loan for half a season where Real will pay a portion of his wages would be an absolute win in our books. I really wish we had pushed to take him along with Santi at the time so I must admit Iā€™m a bit of a fan of the player. Yes it is sad to see him declining but he wouldnā€™t be the first player to reinvent himself and show his brilliance because of a change of scenery.

Weā€™re so bad and he can be so good that I just donā€™t see the downside at all. He could absolutely happen in conjunction with someone like Buendia or Aouar who would be better assets in the long term.

1 Like

Isco Isco letā€™s have a disco