Isco

Likewise, the playmakers from La Liga who came to the PL and shat the bed. :man_shrugging:

Just fucking use Ɩzil why do we need to look elsewhere for a CAM when we have two class players in Ɩzil and Smith-Rowe to do the job ffs

2 Likes

Make Arteta head coach again smh.

This guy has failed the test as manager.

would rather have a fat spanish tapasboi than the Bugeyed fraud. Hopefully we terminate Eyezils conract in jan or Fernerbache or some shit turkish club can take him on loan.

2 Likes

Think the rumour or suggestions that we are not playing him because it activates some sort of money clause might be true. Thereā€™s just no reason to totally exclude him like this.

Weā€™ll probably never know the whole truth. Iā€™m sure Ozil, Arteta and the board all share some amount of blame for how the situation deteriorated but Iā€™m ready for it to be over.

1 Like

If we had the chance to loan Willian for 50/100% of a season we could have made a more educated call about giving him some years and money, and Iā€™m guessing based on how itā€™s gone we probably wouldnā€™t have done it.

Iā€™m still convinced Emery/Raul intended to sign Denis Suarez permanently and his total lack of impact on loan prevented it happening.

Not saying Isco is the answer but I think for a club thatā€™s in such a transition and with a coach who doesnā€™t really know what heā€™s trying to do then loan moves for out of favour players could potentially be a semi decent solution to finding some kind of identity while not being committed to big contracts.

Maybe a player with a profile like Isco helps open Artetaā€™s mind about what he needs and how he needs to play without having to spend 40m. I donā€™t think we should say ESR is now going to play every game for the rest of the season and hope it works out.

I think some kind of strengthening should happen in January. If this is the best we can do then I think Iā€™m for it.

4 Likes

If Arteta already knows he wants a guy of Iscoā€™s profile our DoF should be scouting similar, younger players, not wasting time signing an older guy with apparent fitness issues. Maybe this signing will work but I hate it. Iā€™d rather do nothing than sign him. Makes me not want to trust Arteta with a single penny in the summer.

1 Like

Last night Hazard, Vinicius, Odegaard and Valverde came off the bence against Celta. He was the only midfielder / creative player who didnā€™tā€¦ If we loan him his fitness is really going to suck.

And breathe

3 Likes

Iā€™m fearing what @CliftonGeraldi said earlier. 3 performances that paper over the cracks and have the hierarchy thinking ā€œahh we donā€™t need any oneā€

My mind goes back to the NLD not too long ago. I donā€™t think ESR would have helped, in spite of his emergence. Iā€™d rather have an older, more experienced head in that situation. Fat Isco may be that guy.

1 Like

But that we donā€™t sign any attacking midfielder this January isnā€™t what is supposed to happen either. A 4-6 month loan deal for somebody would be best in order to give Smith Rowe minutes still.

1 Like

If we want a guy to complement ESR till the summer then look no further than the guy weā€™re paying 350k pw for.
Fuck these stop gap and lifeline signings.

1 Like

Heā€™s not playing for us again. Itā€™s a shame but it is what it is. Mistakes by the club and the player.

Even if he does come back in the fold, heā€™s aged by a year since he last played and he lacks match fitness. Iā€™d have a sharp intake of breath if he was on the team sheet now

that-answer-is-correct

3 Likes

Heā€™s been on and off for years, always looked great when given the chance.
Again, if we arenā€™t going for guys on the up like Buendia or Aouar then they shouldnā€™t bother either.
If Arteta deems Ozil unfit or whatever then he certainly wonā€™t find Isco any different.

2 Likes

wow he looks like a homeless person

Is this what fatherhood does? :eyes: