Investments (Stonks)

Sweet, I have Sky so should be all good.

1 Like

I hate this convictionless fucking market

2 Likes

So stock market gonna crash next week?

I read and hear about the stock market crash for the last 6 months.

Don’t know how far some stocks can crash more though. So many are already scraping the bottom of the ocean.

Except Tesla of course. Staying up and high. :arteta2:

1 Like

The markets already crashed lmao, some-most- top quality stocks are down 80%.

Don’t worry though it can always go lower

1 Like

download (21)

4 Likes
1 Like

Telsa ate shit today but it does have the capacity to bounce back in this fucked up market. Enphase is another one that actually has managed to do quite well against the grain but ultimately it’s really just different levels of pain for stocks at this point.

A good stock is down 20 percent instead of the 60 or 80 percent loss of a bad one.

Honestly it’s all just a pile of shit. I’m personally just going to stay away from margin and leverage like always and follow the old buy even if the blood in the street is your own mentality.

I really like PayPal at 84, ENPH, if it drops down to 120 again. I’ll maybe go in for Tesla if it drops to 600. Though a month from now these prices could look expensive af with a recession looming

2 Likes

This is all on the back of the US Fed increasing interest rates which they’re likely going to increase further in the coming months.

On another related note, what a time we live in when used cars have actually INCREASED in value. My friend just sold his mothers car for more than what she bought it for new three years ago.

2 Likes

Holy shit that’s insane. I actually bought my A5 just before Covid struck and have barely had the chance to enjoy it in the last few years. Though I was thinking even if I were to sell it I think I bought well enough to not take a massive bath. But hearing that warms my cold heart lol. What a fucking paradox that second hand cars are the safest investment I’ve probably made in the last few years.

Big question I do have though is what’s going to happen with the property market, I’ve been looking at purchasing my first place and I’m genuinely terrified to pay up now when a month or two from now it could easily start to suffer. Of course a lot of analysts believe that due to supply and demand of housing it will never suffer that badly but it’s hard not to consider an absolute shit show is looming for such an inflated market. Housing prices have been so fucking crazy these last couple of years, it’s hard not to imagine a little bit of pull back

1 Like

Property and classic cars you’ll never go wrong

1 Like

It happens, but Tesla is also one of the only stocks which bounces back up much stronger than most other stocks. I am still up a lot on Tesla while everything else sucks hairy donkey balls.

I am absolutely certain long term this stock is going further through the roof.

Dips on Tesla are just good buying opportunities imo

If you’re going to live there for a good few years who cares? I know life can change quickly and suddenly a house that was perfect isn’t any more but i think that’s something you just deal with if you have to.

I’m 15 years a homeowner now and the house still hasn’t recovered to the price it was when I first bought it but for those 15 years I’ve had a safe home and a relatively affordable mortgage and I can honestly say I don’t give the money I could have saved a single thought.

4 Likes

That’s an absolutely fair and reasonable point and if that were the case I’d have no qualms whatsoever. However, it’s going to be bought with an eye on it as an investment property in the next few years.

My grandmother left me my father her estate prior to Covid and we’ve been talking about putting everything together and buying a holiday home/investment property. Prior to Covid I worked for the National Trust down towards the North coast, so this way, I’d be able to work out of it for a number of years while I settle down there and my parents would take vacations out of it as often as they needed.

My Dad was very close to moving to Jersey before Covid but he took quite ill so now he’s looking for a bit of the good life without travel. One of the best places to have that over here is the North Coast but Staycation have absolutely rocked that market to the point I’m not even sure I want to put my money into it, and with the fact between us we’d be buying a significant portion of it outright it’s starting to get into risky territory. Though it’s the kind of thing that if we bought right you’d never regret having property in that direction. I just don’t want to sink my life savings into an investment and then watch the rug get pulled out from under me- fucking again damn you stock market. Although like it said it’s a fantastic location and if I got something small yet reasonable you’d never regret having to live down in that direction for a number of years while the market recouped. So in essence your point is still relevant it’s just these properties are a bubble within a bubble. Tiny apartments cost as much as family sized homes elsewhere in the country and also the sustainability comes into question with rates and management fees being through the rough.

I’ll be making a decision before the end of this year on it anyway but right I’m feeling pretty much at the mercy of the market even though I’m in a position a few years ago I could only have dreamed about. Saying that I don’t want to waste the opportunity.

2 Likes

Flip a coin by the sounds of it :grin:

1 Like

They say you should flip a coin because in mid air you’ll already know which way you want it to land. I absolutely know what I want from the market at the moment but I also feel like I need to be patient.

I’m hoping that a lot of people who bought properties down there for Covid summers have essentially had their fill but I also feel like a coming recession might rock the market to the point where people are willing to hodl their properties. Of course even just being close to some of the heritage sites down there gives people the opportunity to ride out any crash through rentals. I don’t think property will shift in any kind of drastic, world changing way but even a difference of 10 to 15 percent really can open up a whole new area of options for me, or at the very least give me solid ground with what I do choose.

Can’t be foolhardy and make the same mistakes I made in December with the actual stock market. Though granted I do agree with your original point, if you buy well enough you can just chill the fuck out and enjoy your space.

I wish you well whichever way you go :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s absolutely astonishing, house prices in aus now compared to 15 years have gone wildly up. I can’t fathom a home being worth less now than it was 15 years ago.

As you say though, if you don’t plan on flipping it and like where you live then it doesn’t really matter, the only way you get in trouble is borrowing to high and having a mortgage that’s beyond your means.

5 Likes

It’s not by much to be fair and I’m long out of negative equity (which again doesn’t matter if you’re living in the place and can afford repayments) but yea, things went absolutely wild here from 2000 until the crash. There was probably a time in 2010/11 I could have bought a similar house for 40% what I paid for this one.

1 Like

Amen to all of that @shamrockgooner. I bought my own first place last year. I’d always rented before that and always been in relationships so when those went tits up I was always the one out on my arse having to start again. This time however the tables have turned, my house, no more leaving ever or having to worry about starting again.
Never thought I’d say this but I’ve never felt more settled and secure knowing that.

2 Likes