Investments (Stonks)

So I have a small business on the side and I’m thinking about taking out a small business loan and throwing it into the stock market.

The hope is that in a year or so the profits in stock outpace the loan interest rate and potential capital gains taxes.

Is this smart or a dumb strategy? Anyone want to chime in?

I very much doubt anyone is going to tell you what you want to hear on this, because even though a lot of the market is sitting at yearly lows no one knows how long this hurt will go on for, could be months could be years. Could get worse.

In a perfect world you do something like this and in 6 months time you’re laughing at your brilliance, in another it sounds like a fantastic way to financially ruin yourself but at least you’ll have a fantastic post for WSB’s.

Me personally, I don’t fuck with other people’s money. Am I still trying to buy the bottoms? Yeh absolutely with stocks it’s a safe enough long term play, I’d never borrow or use margin or leverage at this point though, but then I don’t do that shit period so I’m maybe the wrong guy to ask.

3 Likes

Think these leveraged instruments are some of the most dangerous things around. I can’t stand that more hasn’t been done to limit access to them.

2 Likes

In the last few days man I’ve seen two separate guys on WSB’s turn their life savings into nothing. One guy went 50k to 120k to 3k another went 50k to 250k to 5k.

Like genuinely fucking painful stuff.

I really don’t understand their mindset, like yeh obviously everyone want to be rich but at least apply a little risk aversion. You x2 or x4 50k you’ve been ballsy, take your fucking reward. Hell just take your 50k back and let the rest ride on degenerate options. But then again if you had those kind of wrinkles in your brain you wouldn’t be betting your entire savings to begin with.

Another thing I believe is that if they just put that 50k into the market now into a diverse portfolio of large and small caps that are bleeding they’d be sitting on a pot of gold 3, 4 years from now.

Though as one op said in those threads, “I wanted to be rich now.”

5 Likes

It’s not something I’m set on and I’m definitely aware of the risk. I was just spitballing really.

If you add capital gains with loan interest, I would need to net a 20% profit on stocks in a year…lol

Watching a lot of my savings rock a way.

1 Like

There’s NEVER a bad time to rock out

1 Like

Did you do this shit or did you listen to me?

Anyone still checking their accounts? :smiling_face_with_tear:

Nope, was a dumb idea.

1 Like

Yes!

I’m up £1k today, guess hydrogen and defence software is popular right now lol

1 Like

Don’t even pretend you aren’t absolutely crippled by the small tech markets lmao.

Everyone’s favourite gilf sold out yesterday apparently.

3 Likes

Eagly the best financial adviser in this entire thread.

You can be Vigilante Cristo because you already have the glasses on

1 Like

I’d love to be Vigilante as I don’t have feelings like other normal people do tender caring touch

Haha but yeah you’re right, I’m like 40% in the red right now haha today is but a small plaster on a huge, wet, sucking chest wound

3 Likes

Vigilante is the best. When he comes out of the prison after fucking everyone up. He’s like “I might have made it worse” and sobs.

Entire show was a play list. Really glad Gunn didn’t get cancelled that time it looked like he was getting cancelled.

1 Like

Same, he’s single-handedly saved the DCEU.

They need to realise that people don’t want Superman and lame shit like that.

They want fucking Peacemaker and Eagly fucking shit up and swearing and blinding and getting up to all sorts with the other delinquents from the Suicide Squad.

Marvel can keep the goody two shoes vibe and tone for their heros and then DCEU can go rogue and be more adult

Super hero fatigue my man. That’s what I’ve coined it.

I did love how he apparently struggled to tie his dopey helmet to a raccoon

1 Like

Biys how are you watching it in the UK? I’m keen but kind cbf with torrenting it

My parents have HBO Max in Denmark and I just use a VPN to watch it here.

It should be on Sky/Now TV relatively soon.

Fantastic show though, best thing I’ve seen in months. Really funny, John Cena is excellent in it.

2 Likes