Investments (Stonks)

That makes a lot of sense I think - good point. Maybe I’ll keep my FCEL stash a little longer and add some other green energy stocks. Any recommendations?

Everfuel, Quantafuel, Ceres Power, ITM, AFC are all worth looking at.

HGEN is a hydrogen only fund that’s up 20% since listing on the LSE in July, which are worth looking at as well. They invest about 70/30 in private and public projects.

1 Like

I was into this by recommendation of my brother… I was too impatient and sold :persevere:

Would never have sold Lucid for 26$ man ffs :smiley:

Hold that boy for years it’ll see minimum 100$. I’ve actually trimmed most of mine in the recent run up but expecting a drop back to ~25$ as soon as they hit their first snag.

In fairness shortly after I sold at $26 it dumped down to $14 so I felt vindicated lol

1 Like

I love my fellow Palantards :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

That market dip over summer was a golden opportunity to buy back in and make money around this time

That place made me want to sell my entire bag lol.

Pltr beats earnings by 10%
Lemonade 6%

Bet they both go down lol

Roblox has a good earnings report and pumps 45%

Palantir has a good earnings report and gets fucked dumping 10% despite being up 5% pre-market

Ahhhhh stonks

Come on @Castiel come tell me how much you’ve made on Roblox, I can handle it

1 Like

I have enough that I can nearly start to afford actually playing the games. I’ve sold a few of my higher positions in it as I didn’t last time it went over 100 and I just watched it sit around 69-80.

Lemonade fucked me too, beat earnings but still ate shit. PLTR is honestly the worst man, I’ve really lost my boner for it, until the average retail investors can understand why it’s an awesome firm without having to be spoon fed by an engineer it’s going to stay range bound as fuck. I do think it will moon some day I just would rather diversify at the moment while the market is so crazily up and down.

Also everyone who wants to yolo into technology they don’t understand is just jumping on the Crypto train.

You still thinking you’ll stay the course with Pltr or you thinking about downsizing a little if the opportunity presents itself.

1 Like

I trust my gut on PLTR so I’m just going to stick with it.

I don’t trust myself enough to be able to swing trade it/time it well enough to make it work, all though I am very tempted to just start shorting it every earnings call as that seems to be an unbreakable pattern.

I like the company and the leadership, it’s clear Wall Street still don’t get it which is fine as it was always going to be a long term hold.

1 Like

I’ve been having quite a bit of joy swing trading lately, in the last few weeks I’ve bought bleeders like Peloton, RobinHood, Zillow, Lemonade from profits I’ve made on Rblx, Lucid, and crypto. You see the trick for me is I never buy a massive bag, I only use say a tenth of my portfolio and then just sit on it until momentum swings. It might take a month or two but it always does or at the very least I sell for pennies in green to get out of it, but more often than not I wait till it’s worth my while.

At the moment I have the time to follow the markets and trends daily and I actually really enjoy it so it’s more of a hobby than anything. Sure I could throw my entire stack into PLTR, TSLA or Bitcoin and just chill but with the market at the moment a little diversification and swing trading is great fun and it’s not as stressful as day trading which I don’t think I could handle. I just try to time the bottom which I usually miss, follow the dip down a little and then wait for a momentum play.

As you say you keep watching these same patterns not just with Pltr but with everything, and it pisses you off with its predictability. Though I’ve been backing myself a little more within reason, obviously the rug could be pulled at any moment and timing the market is dangerous but if you don’t go all in its not a bad earner from time to time.

dang Kathy, anybody else following arkk?

I’m not as high on her as everyone else, she strikes me as a player that listens to grandkids so she’s a ahead of the curve of the all the old institutions around her own age but she’s not quite as in touch with the disruptive tech scene as she’d have you believe.

Her takes are good but there’s usually something missing for me.

1 Like

Cathy and Ark is my god :love_you_gesture:t5:

2 Likes

Any of you degens investing into the upcoming metaverse hype?

I am looking into Nvidia, Roblox (hi @Castiel ), Unity, Tencent and Sea Ltd

2 Likes

There’s a fund that specifically caters to that sector which I was looking at, and it includes Unity and NVIDIA, which is pretty cool.

Can’t remember the name, I’ll find it in a second.

Also Unity has put in a $1.5bn bid for WETA - you know the special effects company that did all the ground breaking stuff for LOTR and Planet of the Apes?

Interesting move on their behalf

1 Like

Is it roundhill metaverse etf?

I am definitely buying some bags of Nvidia and Unity.

I already got some bags of Axie Infinity in the crypto world and sandbox.

All in boys, every penny

Yeah it’s the Roundhill Ball Metaverse ETF.

Sounds very promising.

My problem is that I’m trying to save up for an MBA within the next 12-24 months so my investing horizon isn’t really 5-10+ years atm which is frustrating.

Is what it is though I guess.

1 Like