Investments (Stonks)

I’m not going mad, just throwing a few quid in to test the waters. I’ve only bought a bit of Doge so far.

Any suggestions on whats decent for short and long gains?

Buying more, cost averaging down boys

1 Like

Can’t believe Palantir is up 7% in this market after being down 10% @ $16.55 in pre-market :joy:

I like NOK, PLTR, RBLX and BB for the future but I think anyone will be hesitant to recommend anything at the moment with how bad it is. As for crypto I’m pretty fond of ADA, though be warned a lot of crypto is at an all time high it close to it right now so watch the charts for a while before you commit and be careful not to go in too heavy all at once, it’s nice to have cash for the dips if you believe in the long term hold.

And there’s certainly a lot of opportunities to buy the dips right now as you see with me and Cristo slowly losing our minds over PLTR every other week.

2 Likes
1 Like

:joy: :joy: perfect

1 Like

I bought Palantir yesterday. Am I one of these people

1 Like

Who the fuck knows.

I think Palantir is the kind of share that could be worth $200 in 3-4 years at which point you’ll be laughing.

But if you want to double your money in a month then you’re barking up the wrong tree

2 Likes

One of us one of us. Nah man around 20 a little higher or a little lower is great entry. Even some of higher entry points are fine too, and it’s super volatile so as long as you don’t sell in red you’ll always have the opportunity to get your investment back out.

Me personally I’m going to hold long af because it’s a great stock with endless application and the tech boys that understand this shit a lot more than me lose their minds over it. Granted it may be a little a head of its time but with how automation will evolve in the next few years PLTR could have a licence to print money.

The volatility is fun but it’s a long term one. Stonks only go up anyway.

2 Likes

Thank you both for easing my pain.

Its my second day and I have red across the board. Fuck this shit game

jk Im sticking around

4 Likes

This is 98% of the first time investors in Reddit right now lol

2 Likes

Yeah man, I got extremely lucky on a few occasions, and got out at the right times, I made a loss on a few stocks but overall with the TLRY shit a couple months back, little aphria spike and of course GameStop, I’m way way up, but I won’t pretend it was anything but luck.

2 Likes

@Castiel

PLTR slowly been edging up over the last few weeks. I’m now only down 5.5% which is a welcome relief from being down almost 30% at one point.

Managed to average down my purchase price nicely over the last few months as well which has been nice.

Come onnnnnn Palantir!

2 Likes

Yeh man it’s been doing really well, I also managed to close a few of my NOK and BB positions recently with some nice profit and some still in the company.

Think I’ll leave PLTR to grow though, it’s just points like this are difficult to judge, do you walk away with a little profit and wait for it to hit 18 again or do you let it ride.

While I’m confident in they long term with the company I know damn well that in the short term we could see below 20 again sometime soon. Hope not though.

Once you hit green are you going to keep it riding or trim the fat a little?

2 Likes

I’m going to ride it out baby. Didn’t sell when it hit $16, ain’t selling now.

In it for the long haul 100%

I try to never sell at a loss but I will break even and then look to consolidate. Though you can get burned just as easily by that

My PLTR entry points are wild though 18 all the way to 24. Even 24 at its highest isn’t too bad so I think I’ll ride too but I made good profit on RBLX by selling high then reinvesting in the dips.

The issue with PLTR is it gets drawn on with the memestocks when it suits WSB’s, makes it volatile and unpredictable, even moreso than just as disruptive tech.

2 Likes

I think with players like PLTR you simply can’t. Imho it’s a long term play, should be holding that shizz for years to come and as you say averaging down and average up too! That’s one thing that surprises me these days, how little some retail traders are willing to average up aswell as down.

2 Likes

I blame that on general ignorance and WSB mantra of only averaging down. Momentum investing is a strong play but most people feel like they’ve missed the boat if a share has grown.

I’m in Palantir for the long term as well, 18-24 months at the minimum, and I can easily see it at 40+ end of year. If not more. Once more of the commercial contracts start rolling in, it’ll be party time for PLTR I think.

2 Likes

I totally agree with you guys but I think psychology plays a major part in how you view an investment. I’d be quite content to keep adding money to my PLTR and RBLX positions but I certainly won’t be buying at the highest it’s been in months, since it was 40 odd at the start of year.

I think you geniunely have so many opportunities to buy the dip with disruptive tech right now that you might as well be patient and time your buys. The Reddit wave of retail investors has made life easy for whales, people panic and paper hands and the whales ride the rubber band all the way from the bottom back up.

I do agree and think in the long term it won’t matter in 2-3 years whether you bought in at 18 or 36 but I’ll be honest I’d rather spend 3 years looking at +£ than -£, the psychology of the hold is easier and the mini crashes don’t stress me as much.

2 Likes

@Cristo this bitch going all the way back down to 18