Investments (Stonks)

Nice how long were you holding BB for? I think it’s still got potential to rise.

That’s rough on PLTR but that’s the game, did you average down any recently, mid 20s is still a solid price for it. Wish I had bought more at 22.

I think I held BB for about 6-8 weeks. Was up several grand during the crazy GME shit lol Oh well.

Yeah I’m not worried about Palantir, I know it’s going up in the long run - I intend to hold it for over a year, if not longer.

BB definitely has potential to rise, and I think I’ll get back into it, I just need to build up my cash reserves before I start pumping more into shares.

1 Like

Ah fair play man sounds like you played it just right, I’m wondering if this new stim package will cause a mini boom.

Yeah I think a lot of people will put that money straight back into the stock market and they’ll put it into growth stocks so we could be lucky and get to ride that wave.

My girlfriend got the stimulus pay check even though she lives in the UK and she put it into stocks. She won’t be the only I imagine, going off of what we’ve seen on wsb :joy:

1 Like

Tried to open an account on IG yesterday and was rejected with no reason given. Looked around for answers and apparently it’s been happening a lot in the last few weeks, possibly due to people opening up accounts for GME stock purchases.

Honestly, there’s such an opportunity here.

If you’re sensible and don’t want to gamble of the GME squeeze, then buying stockbrokers stocks such as IG is such an easy win. If you buy GME, you’re in high risk territory but whatever happens, the recent influx of retail traders means the brokers are milking HUGE commisions recently.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s weird, my friend opened an IG account during the volatility a few weeks back. Maybe they’re worried about their capital capacity and liquidity.

I’d check out Hargreaves Lansdown and some of the other platforms out there with ISAs. Otherwise eToro.

@CliftonGeraldi That’s actually not a bad shout. Might sell off all of my reds and just pump it all into IG and HL stocks

3 Likes

I know it’s an impossible question to answer accurately, but what percentage return would you expect from IG and HL?

How long is a piece of string 🤷

Exactly that, impossible in the current market, its all over the fucking place :sob:

Anyone tempted by the Deliveroo IPO?

If you have the app you can buy between £250-£1,000 worth of shares for the IPO

Are there estimates for what it will release at per share. I took a risk Rblx when it went public and it’s causing me all the stress so I don’t fancy any new IPO’s but you’d imagine anything like Deliveroo will be future proof. People are too used to getting shit to their door now for things to return to how they were even when the virus dies down.

My only long term concern with Deliveroo is the saturation in the market. We already have Uber eats, just eat etc competing in the same sector. I know the market share may be big enough for all to grow but just doesn’t give a clear pathway to the top for me.

Uber ruling on gig work has put me off.

Why is Roblox stressing you? It’s massively up isn’t it?

I’m not sold on Deliveroo because it has no most, there’s so much competition, very low barriers to entry, it’s not making a profit yet and that Uber ruling is going to cause trouble.

However we all know that market isn’t rational and it would basically be the only “Silicon Valley” type tech company listed in the UK so I imagine it’ll pump significantly on open day haha

It’s been insanely up and down, I originally bought at 69 but it dipped hard with the rest of tech at the end of the week but I nibbled the dip on both it and PLTR on Thursday and Friday. Tech genuinely worse than crypto at the moment for volatility.

You for buying anymore PLTR, it’s at a decent price list few days?

Ahhh I thought Roblox had been a bit more stable, fair that is stressful.

I won’t buy any more Palantir unless it falls below $20 as I’m already in PLTR for several grand and I’m currently down -£1,300 since the lock up expired lol

Happy just to iron hand it and sit on it though, but gonna build up my cash holdings for the time being.

Damn man I didn’t realize you were in that heavy, fair play though, I reckon it will make you a lot of money eventually. Well I hope so because I’ve got about 500 bucks in it at the moment but it’s a pretty stressful one too.

I’m going to add to it slowly, as you say below 20 should be my next point, though the way things are going that will probably be next week.

1 Like

Yeah I think it’s a great hold but it’s definitely one where you’ll need to be patient, we’re talking at least 12-18 months before you see any real boosts potentially. Definitely not one to get into for the short term gainz.

You’d be better off trying to figure what BioTech companies have upcoming FDA approvals in the pipeline and then hoping for the best.

Man I’m starting to see the light with crypto, tech is just a head ache at the moment. So volatile and so many companies seem to go down when they get good news which is counter intuitive to any research DD you do.

I’m definitely going to hold Nok, BB and PLTR for the long term but I think I bought a smidge too high on the everything but PLTR. Obviously that doesn’t matter too much long term but you’d rather see green than red.