Ian Wright

Let’s get back on track.

Wrighty is probably the best striker we’ve ever had.

Discuss

It’s a close one between him and Giroud

1 Like

Think thats a tough shout to make Jake. 100% certainty.

Id have to disagree with you there fella.

He didnt even have better hair than Wrighty.

Giroud could never go full Wesley Snipes on us.

It is not a tough shout to make, I can say with 100% certainty that I have seen many PL matches that didn’t involve a woman in either the in studio punditry or commentary.

Absolute madness to me that someone who regularly watches PL football could begin to disagree with that, it’s definitely something that happens.

3 Likes

I think thats impossible to say and madness to try and back that statement up
Theres no way you can remember every PL game youve seen and absolutely 100% with certainty back that up

But each to their own, my opinion vs yours.

Wtf is this? You’re literally questioning the guys memory of what he saw? :joy:

Just to be clear, I too 100% saw some PL matches last season with no female on screen/audio/pitchside involvements.

4 Likes

No im not questioning his memory lol
But to confidently say that, after watching however many PL games…well, he must have recorded them all and rewatched them all or his memory is the best ive ever known.

End of the day, we cant disprove each other, it is what it is
My opinion vs Jakes opinion

If football had no opinons it would be boring right?

I think if you had Sky or ITV between say 1999 and 2003, I’d agree with Jake’s statement.

Gabby Logan is the first female anchor I can remember and it snowballed from there. That was well into the 21st century though lol

1 Like

But he never said all games. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

What the fuck am I reading here lol

8 Likes

Mate there have been absolutely loads of PL games without any female involvement in any capacity whether it’s punditry, commentary or anything else.

I don’t even know how that’s a debate lol

1 Like

Football coverage and commentary peaked in the UK with the Keys and Grey era at Sky Sports, everything after that is utter sanitised shit regardless of the gender of whoever is presenting

1 Like

If I wasn’t on a beach I’d Google some Sky Sports MNF highlights with all male teams lol

1 Like

If men start taking that job, then we will have people saying how women can’t even get work in women’s football.
There is no winning here

1 Like

This genuinely just isn’t true. I can’t tell you how many Sky games I’ve watched where there isn’t a single female involved in the television aspect of the game.

And on top of the issue has always been that the female demographic is underrepresented. So the issue should never lie with males who are over presented in every single way

Ian Wright was decent at football eh

Can only form an opinion on what ive seen guys :man_shrugging:

Which statement is that? All I’m saying is that not every PL broadcast has a woman on punditry or commentary duties. That didn’t stop being true in 2003 lol

Going back to Sugar’s original comments about women being pundits on men’s football - it’s all about representation.

Women are really under-represented when it comes to football broadcasting and journalism. The inclusion of more women on TV and in sports columns is a positive and pro-active action to redress the imbalance. That needs to happen because atm it is massively male dominated.

There’s already enough blokes talking about football - the Women’s Euros should be dominated by women and the fact there is a smaller selection of male presenters / pundits is fine.

3 Likes