Ian Wright

You’d have been ok with it if he done it in his podcast or in a column?

I’ve no idea why he’s done it the way he’s done it but it doesn’t change the message he wants to give either way which is one of support to a player he presumably likes.

No I think fans have the right too protest but his point would get a better hearing…
Doing it this way doesn’t do him or Rashford any favours.
Papers online have gone two ways. Passionate support or foul mouth rant.

The irony here is I’m doing this in an Ian Wright t shirt. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Didn’t the bloke say Rashford played poorly and Rashford responded by offering him out for a fight and calling him a cunt?

If so he needs to sort his act out lol. Especially when this feedback is given directly outside the stadium post match, as that’s to be expected, no?

Maybe if it’s a few hours or days later, he’s at the petrol pump quietly filling up, or popping into Subway to get an Italian BMT with southwest sauce, extra salad and some of those crispy, deep fried onions, and someone says his sandwich is as shit as his recent performances and that his mum’s a naughty little tart, I’d understand him flying off the handle a bit better.

But none of that happened, and nobody is questioning his sandwich building capabilities, just his football ones.

I really like him, mostly because of his off the pitch actions, but the only answer to such criticism is to improve and do better, cos he’s been total shit this year.

4 Likes

I guess Priti Patel was right he should focus on his football :joy:

Although Wrightey is carrying a bit of middle age spread his love for Arsenal is clear for all to see and I’m sure he’d do a much better job than can’t hit a cows arse with a banjo Lardazette. Every time I see him on MOTD I find myself remembering better days.

We could add slightly out of shape Vieira to midfield, get Winterburn in to cover left back and we’d be sorted.

1 Like
14 Likes

The mid to late 90s was a real golden age for English strikers.

Shearer
Owen
Fowler
Cole
Wright
Sheringham
Ferdinand
Sutton

6 Likes

Then you’ve still got Dion Dublin, Stan Collymore, Kevin Phillips, plus probably a few others who would probably be good enough to make an England squad if not for having another 4/5/6 top quality strikers to compete with.

Incredible strikers like Wright and Cole barely got a proper look in, that’s the level of talent we had. It’s pretty mental.

3 Likes

Then we somehow stumbled into the Darius Vassel and Emile Heskey era

6 Likes

Then you have the golden generation that finds a place for Peter Crouch.
All that talent reduced to plank ball.

3 Likes

Feel like this guy should be in The Arsenal category. Such a legend.

Top content, this :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Not that I want to give Sugar an ounce of my backing, far from it, but it does sometimes seem strange how every premier league game will have women co commentators nowadays or analysts in the studio, yet on some of these Euro games there are no men on comm’s or as analysts.

I have no problems with the women being in the game, I dont listen to analysts or comm’s anyway, but surely if you’re reasoning is to have more women in the mens game, then it works both ways?

Looks like a good number of men are involved in the coverage, I really don’t see the problem at all lol

Alan Sugar in talking total bollocks shocker.

Yes, you obviously didnt read what I wrote at all.
I was talking on some specific games.

I know men are involved, ive watched it. Thats not what im saying at all.

Did I mistakenly hit the reply button on your post, sending you a notification? Because I wasn’t talking to you, I was making a post “in response” to what Alan Sugar has been going on about.

You didnt mate no, I read what you wrote as it was under mine and assumed it was in reply to me.

I will address one point though

I think your post is flawed because its based on a false premise, in my opinion. I see plenty of matches on Sky and other broadcasters which don’t have any women involved at all. Sky will often have Neville and Tyler on comms, then a studio full of male ex footballers and a male host (I can’t remember the fellas name)

To claim “every” PL match has women involved in the punditry or comms seems false to me, meaning you’ve essential created a double standard that doesn’t exist. Neither men’s nor women’s televised football always has a member of the opposite gender involved.

1 Like

The BBC seem to have a policy of cutting back on male presenters.
The Olympics, the winter Olympics and even Wimbledon had almost only female presenters.

Hmmm, maybe yours is flawed as well as you dont seem completely sure if that opinion is correct or not.

From someone who watches football alot it seems that there is always female commentators or analysts, and as I said I have no problem with that.

Ok, lets remove any ambiguity, I can say with 100% certainty that I have seen and heard Premier League coverage that doesn’t contain any women.

3 Likes