Howard Webb and his Cabal of Cunts

Did he actually apologise???

Referees seem to apologise when the offence they missed is so obvious and have probably been widely criticised so have no other option.

This is absolutely no use to the team that lost out to a poor decision and rarely is the offending player punished retrospectively but. even if he is, it’s still no use.

There should be more players getting punished like this, especially cheats like Kane but being England captain it’s unlikely to happen.

It would be better here if the press concentrated on the cheat or foul play as much as the referee.
They often highlight and castigate the decision and ref but never put this energy on the player. Whether it be a foul or dive, and sure as hell never question on interview him about it.

3 Likes

Exactly.
I’ve seen pundits lay into a player for making an elementary defensive mistake but when a player clearly cheats to gain an advantage it’s “part of the game.”

If Kane was a foreign player, rather than the England captain and was cheating as much as he does, I doubt the xenophobic journalists of the Mail and Sun would be so dismissive of his antics.

5 Likes

No, but he did write a column about it.

In the few seconds I had to study Romero pulling Cucurella’s hair, I didn’t deem it a violent act.

Since when do they only have(/take) a few seconds? Remember the 10 minutes they took for Nketiah’s red card v Leicester?

1 Like

And the time they took to try figure out a way to rule out Martinelli’s goal against Brighton.

How many seconds does a person need to see the hair pull. When is dragging someone down by their hair not a violent act…indefensible

4 Likes

He’s just a lying cunt and trying to take the heat off.

Spurs fan all day long - ‘tranmere fan’ my arse.

Was that the offside one where it was impossible to undeniable conclude offside? I wanted to add that one, but wasn’t who the opponent was. So yeah, good shout!

And he is getting paid for this column as well, I would assume. Wonder why that is allowed: refs are not to be questioned/interview after the game but this is apparently allowed by the PGMOL?

I think Mike Dean is a diabolical official with a long catalogue of atrocious decisions that defy explanation.

It’s a step in the right direction if refs start admitting their incompetence

4 Likes

The day Mile Dean and his goons retire, VAR will be implemented to its full potential

1 Like

Why didn’t the ref book Fernandes for wrestling the ball away from Liverpool after they scored and continuing to delay the match? IIRC wasn’t it the same ref who gave Gabi the two yellows against Wolves?

Only thing I can think of is it was his team’s restart so the referee gave him the benefit of the doubt.

1 Like

This, it was right in front of ref and Fernsndes said/remonstrated he was going to be the one restarting. Makes sense he carries the ball there. Personally I wish they’d all 3 been carded. Bigger issue for me is the second goal looks to be clearly offside

2 Likes

When have we ever seen a player booked for that? And a second yellow too? It was never going to happen.

1 Like

They were needlessly going at it.

placing the ball in the centre circle won’t make United players move quicker to restart the game.

2 Likes

Well it’s official no favourable decisions going our way…

Just out of curiosity, are there any referee we do like?

No, they are all prejudiced against Arsenal.

5 Likes

Michael Oliver