Howard Webb and his Cabal of Cunts

I know it’s a distraction because we were fucking garbage but I’m still raging about the decision. The evidence wasn’t there so they simply made it up. It’s the exact opposite of what they introduced the technology for. I genuinely think in any other league that goal gets given.

4 Likes

If we’re garbage and get the result no one really complains that much., they just say we showed good character to pull out the win, or whatnot.

The timing of the goal was just before half time, which was massive, so I consider it more than a distraction.

1 Like

You’re right. But what happened happened and that’s why it’s pretty much just a distraction at this point. The bigger story is how shit we played overall.

1 Like

Yeah, we should have been a lot better, but I can’t tell you how awful Man United often looked in matches during SAF title winning years, and no one remembered that when they lifted the trophies, or of course the dodgy decisions that went their way to help get them there.

1 Like

VAR is a farce now. Accuracy and Precision was one of the main selling points of this thing yet we’ve reached the stage of blurry camera zooms which was making it even more difficult to discern what the right call is.

Garbage.

7 Likes

VARCE

2 Likes

Yeh I was a big proponent of it as I’ll always take automation over human intervention/error.

Still far too much human interference and guess work and not enough on technology. Impossible to believe but I genuinely feel like we get more dodgy decisions.

Far too much subjective bullshit at play especially red cards and penalties from week to week. Bet if we mic’d these cunts up wed see a little more consistency and less bias

2 Likes

I’d probably watch one of those all of nothing yokes on refs. If I somehow ended up the chief I’d introduce mics, make the match reports public and introduce citing commissioners like they have in the rugby.

That said j recently listened to a podcast about how the NBA has seriously improved their refs the number of years to the point where they essentially have no and get basically every call right (I don’t know how they measure that exactly) yet fans have never been more vocally angry about refs. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s interesting, I don’t follow either of those sports but I’ll acknowledge from what I’ve heard we’re essentially in the dark ages in terms of officiating.

That’s just fans being complete pricks though. I think this Martinelli goal was the first time I’ve been vocally angry about the offside line being drawn, I’d always prefer it in favour of the attacker and the line be wider. But offside is offside and I don’t complain.

That shit wound me up a little though because they couldn’t definitively prove it and they literally spent forever trying to work it out. No way Liverpool or United get that level of scrutiny, they simply blow for half time and go to the refs decision and don’t over turn because of this clear and obvious bullshit rhetoric that essentially invalidates the consistency and integrity of the entire system

2 Likes

The NBA also suffered through a huge scandal of a ref caught betting on games. They really had to improve the league’s image.

Mic’d up refs is the way to go imo. Will you get some creative language on the feed? Sure. It may even be educational. I have always wanted to learn how to say “motherfucker” in multiple languages.

The mantra of ref’s that goes ‘if I can’t see it, I can’t call it’ should simply follow through into VAR. So if it still can’t be determined by the tech., then the decision goes in favour of the attacker.

1 Like

Can’t help but feel we keep getting fucked over by VAR.

Why the fuck did they not draw the lines yesterday? Is it because it would have shown him onside? That just doesn’t make sense. “Clear and obvious”, more like “Obscure and Oblivious”.

1 Like

He was clearly offside but the uncertainty seems to be whether the header over to him came off their player or ours. They decided it was ours but I haven’t seen a zoomed image to know. If it wasn’t clear I feel it’s harsh on us. But we were not very good again anyway.

He wasn’t clearly offside. There is a good chance he was offside, but the linesman didn’t spot it and it couldn’t be concluded on the camera angles they showed. Therefor, there is no way VAR could have intervened to overturn the on-field decision.

3 Likes

I agree, If it is not definitive, it should always be in the favour of the attacker.

2 Likes

It’s funny how media bias glosses over this. If there is no clear and definitive evidence to overturn the real-time ruling on the pitch the decision is not overturned. These are the rules and once again consistency gets thrown out of the window, against Arsenal, as with that first time ever ruling for two yellows in one passage of play resulting in the bizarre red card for Martinelli.

3 Likes

I still have no idea how filthy Mount stayed on the pitch last night.

Chelsea were really dirty in general and for our penalty I would’ve been very disappointed if not given.

Azpilicueta was clearly illegally grabbing on Saka in the box and he was right to go down to make the point as otherwise the refs never give it.

Really hate these Chavsters and the hopeless refs.

4 Likes

I didn’t think it was a pen, but I’ll take it :slight_smile:

Saka says “he was holding me for 5 seconds so I had to go down. It was a penalty.”

I definitely would’ve been annoyed if not given so have to agree to disagree on this. I accept it was a softer penalty though and one that isn’t given unless Saka goes over. We’ve had opponents winning penalties like that for years dating back to king diver Michael Owen (who used to go over for a lot less) and before.

3 Likes

They were holding each other. I’d be furious had that been given against us.

But I’ll unapologetically enjoy the injustice :slight_smile:

1 Like