Howard Webb and his Cabal of Cunts

The refereeing in that Chelsea game was so unbelievable it’s almost impossible to explain without a dodgy angle to it.

The Var should stay but the people who man it should go. Riley top of the hit list.

7 Likes

How wasn’t the tug on Laca by Matip on our breakaway been punished with a yellow card? Really slowed the momentum in the break and was a cynical professional foul.

He’s been picky on giving fouls against us so far too.

5 Likes

michael-scott-happy-cry

9 Likes

Thank heavens he’s going although I’m sure Riley will do his best to replace with someone worse - if that’s humanly possible

You’ll never convince me otherwise that Mike Dean hasn’t “made” a boatload of money betting on games he was officiating.

Good riddance to one of the worst clowns to ever officiate.

3 Likes

He’s apparently moving to VAR duty full time, this incompetent can do more damage there unnoticed.

1 Like

Full time VAR will mean he will be influencing Arsenal games for many year with his biased decisions…

I don’t understand why someone would be allowed to be the VAR if not able to be the on field ref. The standard is less?

He’s probably just feeling too old to run about for 90 minutes, though still has the energy to be a cunt from behind a screen sitting on a chair.

8 Likes

Pretty much half the world that.

10 Likes

Riley is such a dick head giving the VAR job to his most useless and biased ref.

The problem with VAR isn’t the tech it’s the dick heads he’s got staffing it. Riley is about to make this another step worse.

I find it incredible that among all the criticisms of the VAR being a joke that nothing gets done about the fuck wit in charge of the refs.

You end up with Liverpool getting away with murder (least bookings per foul in the league) while smaller teams don’t get the rub of the green. And if you’re Xhaka you’re going to get held to a completely different standard to all the other midfield players in the league - 19 fouls = 6 yellows while Tielemans is 20 fouls = 1 yellow.

Riley should be looking at the jokes like this in the data as well as the obvious inconsistency within games and also across multiple matches. Still smarting from the City robbery and Attwells and the VARs abominable performance that day.

1 Like

What kind of bullshit gimmick is this. Maybe just be better at fucking refereeing instead…

4 Likes

Having referees train with PL clubs isn’t a new idea.
Ferguson had refs training at Man U and it certainly paid off.

Getting them to allow his players to kick the opposition all over the pitch, while getting penalties if one of his players tripped over his own laces, was a brilliant tactic.

Also, when they passed the training course the refs were given a special Fergue time watch which they wore at every Man U match.

5 Likes

That is absolutely ridiculous.

Edit: The one thing I don’t understand is that it seems like the PGMOL is simultaneously part of the PL/EFL and also a totally separate entity which makes it difficult to regulate.

I’m not sure why the PL hasn’t explored developing and training its own refs if only as a threat to PGMOL to force it into some reforms or oversight.

1 Like

How long before he releases an autobiography?

If he does, it will go straight into the fiction section of all good book shops. :grinning:

Did anyone see a good reply/angle/shot of the Martinelli’s good yesterday?

They have probably spent the last 30 hours trying to find it so they can release the image.

Nobody’s seen a good angle. Therefore you make the call to the advantage of the attacker. The ball was in the fucking net.

If there isn’t clear evidence to overturn the decision on the pitch then the original decision is not overturned. Until yesterday that is, because… Arsenal. It’s not hard.