Houssem Aouar

1 Like

Good opening bid. Should get our very own French Harry Winks soon. Let’s fucking go!

An imminent bid?

The dance begins now gents. Cock twitches and labial flutters shall be dispensed vigorously

7 Likes

I’ve reported this weeks ago… :xhaka:

3 Likes

:smile::smile:

1 Like

:eyes:

2 Likes

So Torreira, Kola and Papa out and we should be able to get Partey and Aouar I reckon.
Still maintain that we’ll need to reduce the numbers in midfield.
Also, we’re still loaded with CBs. I can see most going out on loan late in the window to at least save on their wages, given they won’t feature as much.

I’m fairly confident that we’ll get one of Aouar or Partey but it feels like some other dominoes will need to fall (selling Guendouzi, or selling one of the Bellerin/AMN pair, or maybe Guendouzi and one of them) to get both players.

With Holding now seemingly very likely to stay, I wonder whether we’ll just try to give Mustafi away - maybe to a serie a team - for a very small fee just to get his wages off the books. Gabriel, Luiz, Holding, Mari, and Saliba seems like enough in the CB department, with Chambers also returning from injury at some point.

I actually quite like playing Tierney as the left sided CB in a three as well with AMN wingback. I think that combination works well in freeing up Aubameyang.

2 Likes

I agree. Even more reason not to keep Mustafi around (as if anybody needed more reason…)

Say the words Fabrizo say the words

1 Like

It would be the ideal scenario, especially as Aubameyang has just signed a new deal and It’s certainly what we need but, unless we’re selling Guendouzi and Torreira, I can’t see us getting both but maybe just Aouar.

As for the CB’s, we are overloaded with average players so with Gabriel and Saliba coming in, we need to shift at least two of Sokratis, Holding, Chambers, Mustafi as we already have Luiz and Mari which presumably are going to stay.
This leaves us with six decent quality CB’s and, even with ou defensiver injury record, is more than enough.

1 Like

Just a matter of time :smirk:

Fucking €60,000,000 in these tough corona times is horrible and I can’t see us agreeing if Lyon don’t lower their demands;

• Auba deal is really expensive
  • Ozil is still here draining the wage bill
  • Not much money made from sales, doesn’t look like that will improve before deadline.

We’ll just have to go in Italian style, loan + obligation to buy.

4 Likes

They want 60 and it is being rumoured we will offer 40. This might drag until the end of the window.

2 Likes

Given how much of a pain Aulas is, I’m not sure how much room we have for haggling. 60M is mental! There has to be other alternatives??

I’m curious to know why nobody has pounced on Szoboszlai

2 Likes

Indeed, he’s a very good and tough negotiator and all the big names that have gone have always brought in good money.
I remember the Drogba saga then Chelsea came in!

Same, I know he said that he would like to stay another year but surely if a proper offer came in his head would turn?