Henrikh Mkhitaryan

He has a weak ass mentality that’s why he failed in the best league in the world. So what if he’s lapping up in Serie A. Still a bang average player when it comes down to it.

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s that much the outside pressure of results etc. I assume it’s more down to how he clicks with the manager, the support he gets or doesn’t het from him, the environment inside the team etc. It’s definitely a mental thing though.
Shame it didn’t work for him here. I absoluetly loved his overal/general skillset, he mainly displayed in Shakhtar and in last season in Germany (he was absolutely flying that season).

Nowadays though, he lost quite a bit of his prime stamina and pace, he wouldn’t cut it in the Premier league under any manager or any team. That was already on a decline when he was on his way out of United.

The title race looks interesting, I hope it will be a good one this season.

I haven’t trusted serie a as a quality league since we slapped Milan in 17-18, then Ancelotti’s Napoli with Emery.

It doesn’t look like it has improved since then. In fact, the best team in that league is getting worse year on year from 16-17.

3 Likes

Forgot about that one. Emery did have some nice victories, Arteta can only wish.

Milan were shit in 17-18 and Ancelotti’s Napoli beat Liverpool more than once so it goes both ways really and truly.

Atalanta beat Liverpool too, quite handily.

I don’t really use European results as a sole measure of a leagues quality anyway. There will always be anomalies along the way.

Juventus topped their group, Atalanta came through a tough group and Lazio would have topped theirs had it not been for a silly last game draw with Brugge.

3 Likes
1 Like

I mean at least we didn’t get lumbered with a player on circa £500k a week so we definitely got the better end of this.

But it just goes to show what a fucking state we were that we didn’t sell him in the summer for the rumoured £60m fees.

3 Likes

The real fucking state is that even if we did sell him for 60mill we would likely be in an even worse position because we would of spent 90mill on Lemar. What a disaster club.

5 Likes

What a time that was. Both sets of fans thinking they had the best deal, when the truth was we were both losers :sweat_smile:

Though I reckon we were less of a loser (if that’s a thing)

1 Like

You know I completely forgot about that too lol

This guy still going strong. Fair play to him.
Thought he would be soon forgotten after flopping in the PL for Man Utd and Arsenal but he has certainly recovered his career at Roma.

Italian league suits him and to be fair, both United and Arsenal were and are just toxic clubs to be at the moment with their instability

2 Likes

Nah. He’s reverted to type again this year. He’s the definition of a mental midget. He’d succeed anywhere in the world so long as the stakes weren’t high. This year in Jose’s ultra high profile season at Roma, he’s been as dire as he was here and at United.

His career is based on one incredible season at Dortmund and 18 very good months at Roma.

It’s not the league for him it’s just being able to play with minimal expectations in a non toxic environment. He flounders whenever there is pressure.

Can’t believe Roma extended his contract with the wages he’s on but the squad is so bad they probably felt he was the best of a bad bunch of wide players.

Not sure about that.
I think he’s been good this season. Certainly one of the better performers for Roma, although there aren’t many.
Don’t know where Roma would be without him. Certainly not very close to the European places.

1 Like

Nah he’s reverted to his usual level of drifting in and out of games and being less influential. He’s not a pressure player. He’s fine, serviceable because Roma are not a top team anymore but this is pretty much the 6/10 performance level we’d get from him.

You brought up the 6/10 argument for Mkhi. You sent me back to 2018-2019. :rofl:

I don’t think that’s the case with him now though. I think he’s still pretty influential for Roma. Let’s agree to disagree in this one.

1 Like

My only real memory of him is the game against Everton shortly after he signed where he and Aubameyang were on fire.

He did nothing after that lol

He has a period under Emery when he was on fire but then he dropped off again. I wonder if he would have been of help v Chelsea in that final.

Still scandalous he had to sit that one out for off field reasons

7 Likes