Health and Fitness

Yes, pretty much.

ambitious

If you’re going from inactivity to that, I’m not sure there is any way to avoid that pain.

1 Like

Yeah it wasn’t a good idea to begin with.

Did you stretch well after? Your muscles would have suffered quite a bit from that level of intensity that it wasn’t used to, but good stretching can reduce the delayed soreness.

I think if you lightly stretch now it can ease your recovery aswell as applying some heat, and sleep well if you can. In a few days if you feel better and excercise again, take it a bit lighter for your body to build up :+1:

2 Likes

That’s a great shout!

That reminds me, I don’t have one at home but when I was at the gym I’d always use the foam rollers to break up lactic acid built up after a work out. I miss those babies.

51M+v4IO4HL.AC_SY400

The girl is pretty tasty too :grin:

2 Likes

Not really, the soreness went away now, so i’ll make sure to do it next time, thanks.

2 Likes

There’s no way you’re gonna get that sore every time you do that lol. Just a typical case of really heavy DOMs after a long lay off. To offer a standard suggestion on better recovery anyway, consume adequate protein and get your full sleep. You might as well allow your body to make best use of that muscle damage. But even if you didn’t I bet the next session (so long as its not considerably more gruelling) won’t cause half that soreness.

2 Likes

If you are having trouble with lactic acid we used to drink the following while training . Far better than any sports drink .

Orange squash , make sure it’s full sugar
Salt
Bicarbonate of soda .

We got this from an article from Arnie , it’s known that Bicarbonate of Soda helps ease lactic acid . I’m sure you’ll be able fo find iit if you have a Google .

1 Like

@SRCJJ @anyothergiganticForumMembers

I’ve got some stubborn stomach fat I’m wanting to shift to get some actual abs for first time in forever, but also wanting to build muscle.

I am doing on and off days for what my exercises are, with a minimum 3 mile run on my on day.

On: shoulder presses heavy 40/50 kg between 5 and ten reps, for a max 100 reps that day
20 press up with 20 lateral raises superset
3 mile run, might factor in some dips actually…
Off day: 100 pull ups, just max reps each set til I reach 100 reps, usually couple sets of 20 then decreasing as I fatigue.
100 hanging leg raises In same format, 100 neck curls, 50 pistol squats.

Without much equipment do you think this will be good enough to help me get in shape cos it is quite a bit of work.

Let me know any additions/subtractions etc.

Diet plan incoming in 3, 2, 1…

4 Likes

Oh trust me I know :joy: I’ve got that part pretty sorted!

@Craigie what are next weeks lottery numbers.

@srcjj edit your comment to say what LISS is? I skate every other day also so that’s helping my legs, including hill sprints in my skates, I’ve got fucking powerful with them now.

2 Likes

Honestly bro it’s all going to be in the diet. The exercise is fine (I favour LISS cardio to running but either works just as well as the other). Maybe throw in some bodyweight lunges and squats to stimulate the legs as well.

But yeah… a consistent diet with a good deficit is all you’re going to need and the fat will shift itself.

2 Likes

Low intensity steady state cardio (basically walking at a brisk pace)

1 Like

Ah okay, is that just personal preference or you feel it’s genuinely more beneficial if also wanting to maintain hypertrophy?

It’s personal preference more so than anything and I find running boring beyond belief. When I’m doing LISS I can slap a podcast on (or a TV show if I’m on the treadmill) to help pass the time.

4 Likes

Ah sweet cheers, you think there’s enough in there to actually build or does it seem more like it would just mostly maintain what I’ve already got?

Whats more effective LISS or HIIT?

I’d do LISS all day everyday.

You do 20-25 mins of HIIT on a bicycle for example or doing sprints and maybe you cover 2-3 miles in that time. You do a treadmill walk for an hour and you cover maybe 4 miles in that time. It’s pretty simple that you’ll burn more calories doing the 4 miles than doing the 2-3.

The after burn effect of HIIT is actually really overrated too. You’ll burn like 25-30 calories in the after burn which is a negligible amount of calories anyway.

I’d rather do an hour on the treadmill walking than 20-30 minutes of HIIT.

1 Like

I used to do HIIT at the gym but have only done it on a handful of occassions at home since lockdown. Much prefer long walks in the park and taking in the nice weather we’ve been having.

2 Likes