Health and Fitness

Yeah, I might try get doing some skating in that manner then, just nowhere round here smooth enough (nor flat enough) to not absolutely shred through the wheels which even the Hardest compound wouldn’t last long at all for the money you pay. See totally where you’re coming from though.

Yep. A nice long walk is good especially if it’s a brisk pace as well. A nice deficit, LISS and good workout routine = guaranteed fat loss.

1 Like

Forgot to add. Doesn’t running burn double the calories as walking though? So effectively you’d need to double your walking distance to burn the same cals.

If you’re doing HIIT and you’re sprinting you’re never going to be able to maintain that sprinting pace for long enough for it to make any difference. If you sprint for 30 seconds for example, you might burn more calories but you’re then lowering your intensity almost immediately.

LISS allows you to maintain the same output of energy for the entire time you’re doing it whereas when you’re running or sprinting, your output will decrease as the activity wears on.

1 Like

I’ll do some high intensity training, but I’ll usually fit that in at the end of a workout, with whatever reserves I have left. I’m far more interested in overall cardio training than building muscles.

I’ve never really trained to look good. That’s purely a by-product of training to feel good, and not die of a heart attack in my 50’s.

1 Like

Why will that happen?

This massage ball has been really good value at £20. Pretty brutal at times even by foam roller standards but flattens out knots and tension with ease.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolady-Massage-Intensity-Vibrating-Adapter/dp/B07T7VQHYR

1 Like

Thanks a lot bro! I’ll check it out.

Looks a bit fiddly to use. I’d probably break an ankle using something that small :slight_smile:

Just get the one in the picture.

I have one and it’s £20

1 Like

@CliftonGeraldi check out core balance grid foam roller. Going for a tenner.

1 Like

Ffs what a transformation… :laca2: I want his programme.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.givemesport.com/1570923-bayern-munichs-leon-goretzka-has-undergone-a-crazy-body-transformation-over-lockdown%3Famp

Losing body fat is all about diet and cardio, I know it’s obvious but it is the be all and end all . Cardio needs to be a minimum of 2 sessions of 40 minutes a week but at a level that a conversion can’t be held , ideally first thing in the morning, personally I found rowing the best as it worked various muscle groups . Cutting sugars is the key , simple foods like peas and carrots contain more sugars than most veg , Coronium Picolate ( if that’s spelt correctly) is a good supplement for subduing sugar and sugar cravings. If I recall this supplement isn’t on the market now . Burning more calories than consumed is the answer . It is hard work but worth the effort but just remember when you see bodybuilder with every muscle group showing and their abs in full glory they are extremely weak and craving for liquid.

3 Likes

I’ve just set my deadlift PR, 130 kg… first time I’ve managed to lift 120, did two reps. I’m focusing now only on that lift with everything else in the background until get bored, and I’ll just see how far I can go.

Basically something in this direction…

I agree basically with 90% of what he said. I’m just thinking if I get stronger, with the right diet I’ll get the mass too… and it’s much much easier to get stronger if you can really focus on a certain lift/movement… Mental focus and techbique is always so imoportant.
And it’s just more fun for me personally. All the isolation stuff with all the machines gets me demotivated quckly… I just get motivation from doing a certain lift better, getting more comfortable with it even when I’m not upgrading the weight.

4 Likes

I love that dude but I really don’t buy him as natty.

What he’s saying makes a shit load of sense, up till the gallon of milk a day (which sounds mental tbh).

I plataued hard about a year ago. I then introduced more compound exercises into my workouts. Deadlifts, overhead presses, squats and bench. I’d literally do these routinely and they’d take up the majority of my training time. I noticed the bulky gains this dude explains above.

It doesn’t mean you totally eradicate isolation exercises from your sessions. I found a good balance with doing both in the end. Also variety is key. You have to switch up your training to have your body react.

3 Likes

Yep, the gallon of milk a day is the part that sticks out the most, it seems weird (I thought he he was joking at the start)… it definitely can’t work for me but maybe it works for others, we all have some differences. I’d get some serious (violent diahrea) problems if I would try that for a couple of days. :arteta:

Regarding the isolation exercies and compound ones… With the right diet obviously I don’t think you need isolation at all (to have a great physique; obviously you wont get to Coleman/Heath level without it), I may be wrong idk… On the other hand some people get great results without doing some “major” coumpound lifts at all, so… There are many different ways (calisthenics also, sports, whatever) in the end you just have to stimulate (ALL) your muscles and eat right (along with rest/sleep, etc).
And yeah variation is important, for me atm it’s only about rep ranges.

Some decent points to take away from the video.

Less is definitely the best approach. A good gym session is spending around 45 minutes to an hour, hitting the body part of focus with 4-5 exercises (3-4 set range per exercise) and you’re done.

I can’t understand how people can go into the gym and spend 2 hours in there working out.

The best balance is a blend of compound and isolation movements but nothing beats compounds. You can build a great ‘everyday man’ physique just doing bench press, deadlift, squat, shoulder press an bent over rows. The isolations are for targeting muscles you may not necessarily be genetically blessed with and for building a greater all round physique.

5 Likes

Is the bugz natty?

Just smashed 100 Navy Seal Burpees at lunch!

From 70 to 85 it was tough but the last 10 were so hard I actually thought I wouldn’t make it.

It’s gonna be very, very optimistic but aiming for 200 by end of June.

3 Likes