Health and Fitness

I hate the process. Lost 4 kilos from the start of this year, already ate 2 of those back in the last two weeks because of (birthday) parties etc. It really sucks how easily weight is gained back.

It’s probably just water weight which you can drop in a couple days with vitamin c, cardio and a cleaner diet.

I can weight 70kg, have a big cheat day and wake up at 72kg. And in a few days I’m back to 70. You’re not actually gaining 4kg of fat in a few bad meals

4 Likes

Ketones are basically poison.

I guess if you want to be dehydrated, feel tired, terrible, get stomach cramps and vomit all over the shop, be my guest. Of course this is extreme but still.

Fasted cardio and fasted workouts seem like a perfect way to go.

3 Likes

Yeah well keto only serves a purpose for extreme measures like a bodybuilder trying to get down in the last days of his prep before a show. Or a boxer trying to lose a bit more weight and make weight.

A regular gym goer who does keto is, like you said, poisoning themselves.

I’ve done low carbs before when single digit body fat for 2 weeks before.

I could barely sleep, my body was cramping hard, I felt lethargic, miserable and depressed at times.

2 Likes

When it comes to intermittent fasting - what’s more important? The fasted cardio/workout in the morning or actually not eating anything until 12/1pm if you stopped eating the previous night at 8/9pm?

I’ve just come back from a fasted workout and it’s 10:30am now and I’m fucking starving and would love to eat something (waiting until 12 isn’t an issue but still).

I’m just wondering if that hour and a half extra of not eating makes much of a difference or if it’s the fasted cardio that’s the most important aspect?

If you’ve just worked out and your body is screaming for fuel you’re best off giving it that fuel imo.

I don’t know the science enough but I always think it’s best to listen to what the body is telling you.

1 Like

I’m no expert so don’t take my word for it but all that really matters in the end is being in a calorie deficit.

Sometimes I get lost in the details too but just count what goes in vs what you’re spending on energy and you really can’t go wrong.

1 Like

As Arnie says, its as simple as calories in vs calories out :point_left:

2 Likes

One of my good friends. Put him on 7 weeks worth of dieting, weights and cardio and this is the difference.

I’ve got quite a few “client” transformations over the last 6 months of taking clients on. People complicate the gym too much with fad diets and insane workout regimes that are unsustainable.

People I train eat 6 meals a day and by and large enjoy the diet because there’s scope for variation in foods you eat and stuff.

@Cristo intermittent fasting isn’t necessary tbh bro. Just focus on fuelling your body, doing your cardio and throwing in some weight training. A good, Consistent diet is all you need.

8 Likes

Down 5kg from January and sub 70kg for the first time in a long time.

I’ve been pseudo-Keto for just over 2 weeks now. Basically not having any carbs at all made feel awful in the mornings - lightheaded, nauseous, I felt weaker in the gym. Really bad and I was about to throw in the towel on the diet but didn’t. Anyway, what I started doing was having just some carbs every now and again. So most days I’m 0 carbs but then every now and again (maybe twice a week) I’ll have carbs.

Like I had some chicken yaki soba one day and another day I had roast potatoes with my roast (no other carbs though). On Friday I had a small portion of pasta with some other salad and meat that was on the menu in the canteen etc.

This seems to work really well for me. I haven’t had any bread, burgers, pizza, fries or chocolate whatsoever at all for 2 weeks. Like, literally. Not a bite. This is actually the real key I should imagine, that and regular fasted cardio.

Fuck me I miss chocolate and pizza and burgers, but cutting it out so far has worked pretty well. I’m also not drinking as much casually as I used to, which no doubt pays a role.

But yeah, I’m 69kg down from 74.5kg and my gut has shrunk which is nice.

5 Likes

Well fucking done man. That’s a hell of a result bro :handshake:

1 Like

Try making a homemade soup with onion, lentils, tinned tommatoes. Lentils have protein and carbs that give you energy but they are very slow release so don’t convert to fat. Also soups fill you because of a high water content. I blend tinned tomatoes with garlic, onion, ginger with and add to lentils and boiled water for about an hour

Once it thickens up you can pair it with loads of different protein sources or add extra water to eat as a soup.

It’s a really effective but easy weight loss recipe.

1 Like

What lol? Who told you that?

I’m obviously not asking for your methods here or anything like that but when you say 6 meals a day are you able to elaborate a bit more? Like is a couple of ryvitas and a tomato (bad example I’m sure but you hopefully see what I’m getting at) considered a meal? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well this is my own personal meal plan at certain points of my diet which was tailored to my body type, training style, frequency, cardio regime etc etc… and everybody I have as a client follows similar foods as below basically:

Food - week 1

Meal 1
75g oats or 75g baby rice & 30g whey & 20g peanut butter
(almond milk welcome)

Meal 2
150g chicken breast or 150g turkey breast & 200g rice or 276g potatoes & 100g veg

Meal 3
1 bagel THIN & 150g chicken breast & veggies

Intra workout (to be had during sessions) – 1.5 litres of water

Meal 4 (POST WORKOUT) (Make sure your session is Heavy, Hard, Intense & Effective as this is a Calorie dense meal) – ON REST DAY PLEASE REMOVE ALL CARBS FROM THIS MEAL AND ONLY INCLUDE THE WHEY

POST WORKOUT –

100g cocopops or any cereal (cereal not containing honey, dark chocolate or peanut butter as this increases the fat content) & 40g whey protein. (ON LEG DAY ADD 1 X SQUARE BAR)

Meal 5
150g chicken breast & veggies & 20G lighter cheese & 200g rice

Meal 6
150g – 0% greek yog & 15g whey & 10g honey & 2 rice cakes

5 Likes

Thanks bro!! Really appreciate it!

1 Like

They’re low glycemic, look up the glycemic index

So what you’re saying is I could have as many slow release carbs as I want in a day and it’s never gonna spill over? In that case I better look up these slow release carbs and consume hundreds upon hundreds of grams every day knowing it’s never gonna make me fat.

If you over eat carbs, regularly, you’re going to gain weight and it’s not going to be good weight either.

No matter what kind of carb you consume, if you overdo it - you overdo it.

Don’t spout nonsense, that’s the kind of misleading dietary information people hold onto like “don’t eat carbs after 6pm” and “avoid fatty foods”.

I dont think a lentil soup is over eating carbs?

It isn’t but his exact words were slow release carbs don’t convert to fat - which is extremely misleading. If you over eat carbs (regardless of what it is) you will gain weight and it’ll most likely be fat.

Change the wording. It’s inaccurate and misleading information.