Harry Kane

Is he dropped?

Paul pogba cost alot, done fuck all, was being a massive melt whilst wanting to leave.

Kane has played very well all the time, even when injured heā€™s come back super fast to help out. I donā€™t understand this narrative people are trying to push. Desperate for clicks.

2 Likes

Yeah agree itā€™s a lazy slur. Pogba has been very underwhelming for United and him and his agent have been total dicks at times.
People can dislike like Kane all they like but heā€™s carried that side for years to their highest standings.

One plays for Manchester United and the other for Tottenham Hotspur. That in itself is a difference.

1 Like

Kane is one of those players who no matter how good I think he is, I just couldnā€™t ever envisage thinking Ā£100m+ is justifiable for him.

I think his body is a ticking time bomb and whilst heā€™s done well to adapt to that by playing a deeper role for Spurs and England when necessary, that sum is still too large for me.

3 Likes

At 29, this might be his last opportunity to move to a big team and win more than an Audi Cup.

1 Like

Honestly I know playing for an atttacking City side and a defensive England side are very different BUT he looked so impotent in this tournament. His legs are starting to go if they havenā€™t gone already

Youā€™d go for Halaand for Ā£250m before you went for Kane for Ā£150m imo. Not that Haaland would even cost that much but whether they can get him over Real/Barce is another matter. Iā€™m wondering though if the Galaticos are as desirable as they were in the past. The balance of power is moving a bit

3 Likes

Being a runner up with Spurs and then getting even closer to winning a trophy with England has surely got to push him on. The desire to actually win a trophy must be stronger than ever now. Think once all the Euros chatter has died down weā€™ll start hearing a bit more from this potential transfer. Levy will definitely try and price him out of a move. Not sure if Kane is the kinda player to speak out and force it or not, but he might have to.

1 Like

Heā€™s 27. Must be turning 28 soon tho if heā€™s 29 next year

2 Likes

I agree - the big money is in England now. Barca and Madrid wonā€™t be spending Ā£300k+ on wages anytime soon so the top players will have to find their paydays elsewhere.

Itā€™s a good sign that City and Chelsea contested the CL final. United got to the EL final. England get to the Euros final. Thereā€™s so much English talent coming through the ranks as well.

Could be the beginning of an era of English club dominance (so long as the Super League doesnā€™t happen).

For City, it is. Thatā€™s the price that puts them as favorites for the league and likely the CL as well.

No matter the issues with how much longevity he has. If he puts them over the hump for the CL, then it was worth it to them.

If his body breaks down, flops, etc, then no big deal. As you know, 100 million for them is about 30 million for everyone else from the perspective of having nearly unlimited funds to buy what they want.

1 Like

United seems the only other plausible destination, and this is surely not a player City want United getting their hands on. Basically makes them contenders overnight.

Also for City his body breaking down probably isnā€™t such a big deal. I doubt he play every minute of every game for City like he does for Spurs.

Canā€™t see him doing this, but I hope it does get messy and fucks up Spurs.

11 Likes

Fuck Spurs - But players should honour their contract

Man City could force spurs to sell for a lot less than 100m because they wonā€™t want to have an unhappy player like Kane who is desperate to leave.

Iā€™d prefer him to stay at spurs rather than give them enough money to significantly strengthen their team.

Apparently Spurs have a gentlemanā€™s agreement to let him leave so if they put a totally unrealistic price tag on his head then I think Kane is well within his rights to push

5 Likes

To me it seems silly to me for a global superstar to rely on non binding agreements as a basis to sign deals.

Itā€™s on Kane if he didnā€™t use his leverage correctly.

2 Likes

Matt Law is full of shit