Gonzalo Higuaín

He really is.

1 Like

Doesn’t even go to games anymore. :santi:

2 Likes

You aren’t wrong. Had a little chuckle when he was unceremoniously punted to Milan this summer.

1 Like

What a fatty!

Napoli must have giggled internally when they received that ridiculous bid for him

1 Like

So so fat!

Not really he’d just scored 36 goals in 35 games and there fierce rivals met the clause to sign him.

1 Like

Perhaps in hindsight they love that Juventus didn’t get the value, much like us with Sanchez

On the pitch? We got value from Sanchez in the pitch. We didn’t get any value out of the rest of the team. That’s different.

He’s referring to Sanchez failed stint at United so far and how Arsenal fans have undoubtedly taken pleasure from it in much the same way Napoli fans may have revelled in Higuain’s “failure” at Juventus (comparative to his transfer fee)

3 Likes

Lol, he ain’t fat. He has an endomorph body. There were pictures when he had medicals for Milan and he was pretty lean. People just went crazy with a still photo of his during a match, where it ‘looks’ like he is carrying a solid belly. Anyway, I think it’s an Argentinian thing. Aguero, Messi and Cavenaghi(if you know him) also look like they carry some fat but they’re pretty lean.
Either way, their best asset is positioning. Which requires some kind of football nous.

1 Like

One for @Luca_from_Italy :smile:

Don’t know why this dood just popped into my head, but he did

His decline was rapid but in his prime his stats measure up against anyone not called Messi or Ronaldo :grin:

His prime was those Napoli years, he was rumoured to join us before them also, would have been interesting if we got him and Özil.

1 Like

We should have fucking sighed him. Him and Sanchez would have been class together.

3 Likes

We’d have won the league that Leceister season if we had Higgy boy banging them in instead of Giroud fluffing his lines.

Napoli absolutely rinsed us by beating us to his signature.

5 Likes

Watching him disrespect Napoli like that only to be unceremoniously booted out of Juventus and have subsequent failures with Milan and Chelsea gave me immense pleasure.

Also traditionally shit himself in big international tournaments.

He could have been a God at Napoli if he stayed and played with Dries and Lorenzo Insigne. Instead he was just another disposable part in Agnelli’s toy box.

Also came across as really dim in the Juve documentary.

1 Like

Would have been so much sweeter if he’d been here and we’d also pocketed the 75 mil.

Honestly this never holds weight with me, Giroud won the world cup being dog shit. Argentina are always just too top heavy.

His club record was class, I wouldn’t hold anyone’s international record against them because any cup competition is about how a team functions as a whole.

1 Like

We’ll agree to disagree. Pretty sure he missed a penalty in a Copa America final during a shootout. That’s big time pants pooping.

@shamrockgooner don’t kid yourself. He would have been injured constantly here with our medical team the way it was functioning back then. I swear they treated players with bloodletting and heroin at one point.