Gabriel Magalhães (6)

Holding will likely get all the blame but this guy made a horrendous decision by going to ground and shat the bed, looked incredibly timid after too

Defence is not as good as some think Holding or no Holding

1 Like

Thought he was pretty awful today tbh even outside of the penalty. Just constantly looked unassured and needed to be more definitive with some of his play.

1 Like

It was mixed game for me. Did some things right(the way he stopped Antonio 1 v 1 in the first half) and some things not so well. Been on a pre-WC form lately. The ol’ blunder in him is back and I think the communication in the backline is simply not there.

Certainly missing Saliba.

2 Likes

With no Saliba and Zinchenko, his responsibility in possession increases as neither Tierney or Holding excel in that department.

Maybe Xhaka dropping deeper into midfield might have helped but that’s hindsight speaking. Certainly can’t play the same way with that eleven ever again.

2 Likes

Clown performance in that first half. Almost gifted them the a third too.

1 Like

Arteta has to take responsibility on this as well

RINSEDBYWALCOTTCUNT

Rubbish. Didn’t hold his own on anything.

1 Like

Good player when everything is fine but he can’t elevate guys around him, far too many bozo moments under pressure.

2 Likes

I’ll say it, Holding has looked better than him.

2 Likes

Holding is the cause of his issue, if your partner is constantly getting turned or caught high up the pitch and allow players to run at you all game, it makes you look worse than you are.

6 Likes

Tonight? Absolutely

1 Like

Gabriel was absolutely shocking.

The way he gave the ball away multiple times was also horrifying tbh. One of many players I couldn’t believe have had the season they’ve had.

3 Likes

Fell apart after he lost his partner in the heart of defence.

Worst player on the pitch by miles last night. Abysmal performance following his horror shows vs West Ham and Southampton as well.

I won’t accept the argument that has been floating around that he has to do more because Holding is next to him. He made way too many mistakes, amateur mistakes from arguably one of the best CBs in the PL this season.

He has credit in the bank for his performances prior to the last 4 games but him and Partey are huge disappointments in this bad run of results. Expected much more from both hence the added disappointment.

1 Like

Been my player of the season for a long parts this season.
It’s been horrible watching his failure last four games.

8 Likes

B-but Holding puts pressure on him.

It’s actually insulting to Gabriel to think this drop-off is all on Holding.

He simply has been poor himself and that’s all there is to it. Nothing different to Partey, who also has been too class for most of the season and dropped off.

4 Likes

Love him

1 Like

Didn’t see much fight yesterday

Rings hollow AF

5 Likes

Telling us what we want to hear. Where was this fight last night in the biggest game of our season?