Gabriel Jesus (9)

I’m in total agreement with @Castiel the absolute nonsense people were spouting about Laca at false 9 was indefensible then and indefensible now.

3 Likes

I’ve meant every fucking word I’ve said lately lmao. I’m not trolling in the slightest. I had absolutely no fucking desire to get dragged into this nonsense today.

This place really just ain’t worth it these days. So don’t worry I’m done with this shit

Any money you like you’re not.

1 Like

don’t go @Castiel :sob:
Exciting season ahead

It’ll all be OK once Arsenal kick off :grinning:

Jesus has trans-fucking-formed our fluidity in attack.

Looks absolute class up front. Constantly on the move. Love, love, love him already.

His third goal was sublime, took a small touch to push the ball forward and then instantly snapped it into the net. Fuck the narrative that he’s wasteful etc. Looks a born killer and he will commit mass genocide to get on the scoresheet.

And then Nketiah keeps scoring when he’s given a chance.

Still want another forward for depth and competition (of Raphinha’s level), but Jesus Christ, our attack has gone up LEVELS

9 Likes

Insane signing. Credit Edu and co

Very, very excited to see him in action for us in the league. Honestly feel like he’s gonna thrive on being the main man and exceed his goal and assist production levels at City quite easily over the next few seasons. Such a great age profile as well, with the rest of our attack being 22 or younger, he’s pretty experienced and has done it in this league, but young enough that much of his career is still ahead of him.

8 Likes

I’m eating some temporary crow right now. Honestly didn’t think he’d be this good. His EPL stats were never great. But man he looks like a special player here. Hope this fine form continues

The dickriding in here is mad. You lot are making me uncomfortable. Definitely expecting him to flop now.
You’ve ruined it, thanks.

I haven’t been this excited about seeing what a player could do for us since we signed Ozil 9 years ago.

5 Likes

I was a bit more excited for Alexis ngl, but that’s basically as far in the past as signing Ozil. Here’s hoping my high expectations are so thoroughly met this time too.

POV: You’re me reading your recent posts in the Man U thread.

11 Likes

Or the Jose thread

1 Like

God forbid people are positive. What’s this world coming to?

9 Likes

I got 16s :+1:

I saw us so many times last season miss chances when we were playing well and didnt win, and miss chances when we wasnt playing so well and lost.
A striker who can finish and work as hard as Jesus is working 100% transforms our side without any other signings.
He turns half chances into goals, which then turns draws and losses into wins.

We are a completely different, absolutely better side because of him and he alone will get us points when we didnt deserve them this season.

1 Like

You mean to tell me all the people who said he ain’t all were just chatting shit? Damn… :wenger2:

6 Likes

I think the main reason is he is under priced. For a starting striker at a potentially top 4 club he is a bargain.

Surely Henry back in the day was the most picked. He cost 14m at one point though iirc

If anything I’d say Salah would be most picked. He has the highest scoring season of any player in FPL history. And it certainly feels like for the last few seasons everyone has had him.