Gabriel Jesus (9)

Good luck with this guy gooners.

Feel really uneasy about making him the main man. I get that thereā€™s more to life than goals and assists but we just spent the back half of the season trying to pick kernels of corn out of the shit performances a non-scoring striker was turning in.

I hope they know what theyā€™re doing. I donā€™t doubt his talent for a second, but I just hope weā€™ve got a plan to maximize it.

Well, if it makes it any better, heā€™s one of the best at it in PL history soā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, but we need goals and assists, right? There was so much talk about how once we get a real striker the system opens up. Iā€™m optimistic that heā€™ll come in with a guy like Raphina who can add more goals. That way if he is ā€œonlyā€ chipping in with 15 goals in the league, we can still make progress.

Yes, we do. And statistically his G+A p90 are in the Top 10 in PL history. Heā€™s in lists with Suarez and Henry. He certainly hasnā€™t reached that level, not even close but there could be a world-class forward here ready to explode. Weā€™ll see.

It feels like he came off the bench quite a bit though. Iā€™ve seen those stats. They are good stats and they make me hopeful weā€™ll get good production from him, but we canā€™t expect him to put up insane numbers if weā€™re relying on our midfield from last year.

ANNOUNCE!!

1 Like

Or he could be the key to raise the level of those around him. Lots of talent but also known to be hard worker. Usually a rare combination. Heā€™s played for the best and most competitive side in the world since coming to England, under the best manager in the world, whoā€™s very know to be cutthroat.

Hard worker that can set the tone up front, his former manager called him best in the world in that regard. Smart movement and awareness in and around the box. He can carry the ball and create stuff out of nothing.
He is very much an all-around forward and I think the fact that he was in high demand says it all.

Now watch him get a career ending injury by October after a bright start at Arsenal. :sob:

1 Like

Iā€™d rather try with this guy :wenger:

1 Like

1 Like

Those stats also get skewed towards players who are more bit part. Iā€™m fine with the signing just surprised we got conned into paying so much with all these fake links to other clubs.

He also did only score in 5 of the 28 games he played last season so he needs to do a lot more when heā€™s the main man here, hopefully he will as our recent signings have been good on the whole.

1 Like

Deal close. Advanced stages of negotiations

2 Likes

Fake links, lol.

I expected a man that appreciates Laca to understand that Jesus is the way. :latin_cross:

LAYS IT ON A PLATE FOR FABRIZO

GOAAAAAAL

8 Likes

Have we considered Fabrizio as a striker?
So prolific.

Also, @moderators get this thread moving and give him #9.

How about a squad number but not move him yet? :giroud2:

New levels

1 Like

Fidel Castro vibes :smiley:

3 Likes

is our #9 cursed? Smith was the best player to wear it, followed by Anelka

Itā€™s mostly cursed by averageness I guess

1 Like