Gabriel Jesus (9)

I think naturally he is a goalscorer, a proper goalscorer, just lost his touch a bit these days.

There is a difference between guys who literally don’t know how to finish and can’t get into positions and those who know how to do it but they’re just in a bad phase atm… Jesus falls into the second group, no doubt. You could say like Benzema in the past, or Higuain.

1 Like

Without the fact he only has a year left on his contract I would have said no way. Would have cost far too much.

He needs to work on his finishing but he’s a good all round player.

If we can get him for £20-30m then fine, but we also need another striker who’s better ideally, so more than that and I don’t think it’s worth it

Weghorst on a cut price deal should burnley get relegated?

2 Likes

Shameless. :rofl:

TBH with his contract expiring next year and him coming off the back of a less than impressive season statistically - I’d hope we could get him for less than £30m

5 Likes

We sold Ox for 35m coming into the last year of his contract. No way do City sell Jesus for 30m.

I’m worried about possible other suitors coming in for him. Surely there will be competition if he’s available at that price.

1 Like

Didn’t they sell Sane who was considered a bigger prospect for €45m? I can’t see £30m being outrageously low in this case

2 Likes

Teta factor in full force. Probably one of those cases where Edu being Brazilian and working with the national team will work in our favour too.

2 Likes

Yeah as GC just said I think the Arteta and Edu pull will work here.

4 Likes

I’m a big fan of Osimhen will cost a fortune probably over 100 million…a big risk though with injuries he has been getting in the last couple seasons. Napoli won’t sell anyways imo.

1 Like

City have proven before that they won’t stand in the path of a player that wants to leave, so I don’t really see them asking for a lot more than what they initially paid for him, 30 mill €.

1 Like

49 million euros potentially rising to 60 according to google.

Ornstein’s article isn’t paywalled btw

Seems like we will get him no bother if we agree a fee

He would be a great addition and if it doesn’t work out, he becomes the backup.

He is a better value than Rashford wage wise or so I hope

For me it’s and either/or situation for those 2, they’d both fulfill the role of the rotation striker but ideally we’d have a better first choice. Same for DCL but I think he’d cost a lot more than the others so probably not worth it.
At least with Jesus however he’d have a chance of becoming number 1, he’s a good enough player, but not being clinical as a striker can make quite a big difference

For first choice options:
Nunez/Adeyemi/Osimhen/Martinez/Abraham/Barbosa/Leao/Isak/Schick/David

In roughly that order of priority taking into account ability/potential/likely cost.
Haaland goes to Madrid I’d also target Benzema. Likewise Lewandowski if we get CL and the top teams are targeting others

1 Like

Absolute madness why someone would want a Burnley striker over Gabriel Jesus imo :joy:

7 Likes

How about the Scamacca guy from Sassuolo? Has more goals than Osimhen and should be a lot cheaper.

I think Newcastle will try to get Gabriel Jesus too.

Let’s hope so.
We need someone like Omishen who will be a lot more expensive but is a more efficient striker.

I can’t remember Jesus scoring that many headed goals either, which is something we’ve lacked in recent seasons from our strikers.

As I said before, his stats at Man City are no better than lower level strikers in the PL like Pukki and Broja and yet he is playing for the best manager and in front of the best midfield in Europe.