Gabriel Jesus (9)

why is no one mentioning schick in this i reckon he could be got and potentially a lot cheaper than these players like Osimhen and i feel he looks far more clinical and dangerous. I feel we are missing a trick not looking at Patrik Schick :henry2:

1 Like

I forgot to add having Jesus Martinez and Saka upfront should win us a trophy, if it doesnā€™t then Arteta out from me

1 Like

Technical level overload that.
Fluid football.
ESR, Martinelli and another forward behind them? :sweat_drops:

Plus 10 GD incoming :sweat_drops::sweat_drops::sweat_drops::eggplant::eggplant::eggplant::gorilla::gorilla::gorilla:

1 Like

I knew youā€™d see the light brother!!
:arteta2:

1 Like

One things for sure it will be interesting to see what our goal scoring looks like with Arteta actually getting to choose his attacking talents. People bang on about how he didnā€™t get enough out of Auba and maybe thatā€™s fair to consider- although he got the FA Cup out of Auba and then his head went, which would probably have happened under most managers. Lacazette and Nketiah however, I struggle to think of any manager who is getting a consistent tune out of those two.

Jesus plus one other leaves no excuse not to absolutely revolutionise our attack, I personally think it will be exciting. We played some really nice football at parts this season when our first 11 was fit. Partey and Odegaard and Saka absolutely waltzed down that right hand side for a period before it all came undone. Throw a couple more technically astute players in there and it could be a great season

3 Likes

Canā€™t believe this demon gets compared to that headless twat Richarlison.

Youā€™re right ,our problems have been with scoring goals and with a creative midfielder we could be flying. After this we can expect no excuses.
The reason Iā€™ve been cheerleading for Osimhen is heā€™s the type of striker Chelsea used to have, like Costa and Drogba, a big strong motherfucker who will get stuck in someone we havenā€™t had for a while.

2 Likes

My concern is that itā€™s going to be Jesus plus a punt, which is inadequate. Jesus is talented but Iā€™m just not convinced heā€™s the answer.

1 Like

Who would you go for? The striker market is kind of grim.

Toney. Know you werenā€™t talking to me but lol

1 Like

Toney. Know you werenā€™t talking to me but lol

1 Like

Ah, shit posted from my burner accountā€¦

2 Likes

I thought for a second my OA had a stroke there lol

1 Like

Are we talking unlimited money and assuming the striker would want to join?

Iā€™d probably try to pry Tammy away from Roma to pair with Jesus. I mooted BorrĆ© in the EL thread yesterday. Heā€™s a smaller guy, watched him really make a nuisance of himself against Dortmund earlier this season.

I know Iā€™m betraying all my principles advocating for signing English player but Iā€™m really worried weā€™re ending up with Jesus and Eddie on a new deal. Thatā€™s just wholly insufficient.

1 Like

How much do people think Tammy is worth?

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

Roma would want what? 45m? 50m?

Heā€™s not worth that but he just signed a contract there.

Iā€™m so worried about Jesusā€™ physical profile not being different enough from the strikers we have and his streaky output (yes, heā€™s been in a nice run lately but Pep was rolling out Aguero with an iron lung to play striker instead of this guy). I donā€™t doubt his talent but I just have visions of Tierney whipping in cross after cross that sail over his head.

2 Likes

Tbf, Tammy is as wasteful if not more wasteful than Jesus.

And he does have those donkey performances every once in a while that you just want him sold the next day.

I think people undermine how Gabriel Jesus kept being a key part in arguably the best side the and more importantly the most competitive side in the world ever since he arrived in England, under a manager notorious for being picky and cutthroat.

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s fair. Been through that with Giroud already. Idk if I can deal with that again.

I wanted to answer @Castiel ā€™s question somewhat realistically because itā€™s easy to say ā€œAh just sign Mbappe and Lewandowski.ā€

1 Like

For an EL campaign, thatā€™s fine imo