Gabriel Jesus (9)

I just don’t think it’s enough. Even if you say “okay, Eddie plays all the group stage games and Jesus only plays in the league.” We’re still stuck in the same spot of having two guys who don’t score enough.

Maybe I’m worried about nothing and maybe the way Pep used Jesus skews my opinion, but I’d feel way better with a second actual striker coming in.

Eddie just isn’t it for me. I’m sure he’s a nice guy and loves the club but I want more.

I’m pretty confident Jesus will score 15+ league goals barring major injury. I think he’ll thrive in a similar system where he takes a central role wrt scoring.

I think we’d be lucky to get Jesus at this point never mind two top forwards.

If Eddie doesn’t want to stay there are plenty of secondary level CFs with interesting profiles out there worth a punt.

5 Likes

Well considering we took an extremely available midfielder in Thomas Partey and turned him into a Diaby-Ramsey hybrid I have zero confidence we can keep anyone healthy.

8 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Players don’t move for CL.

Its a myth imo

3 Likes

Money is probably a more important factor.

9 Likes

100 percent.

Living in London is a selling point aswell plus the other Brazilian’s we have

Our transfer window is already downsized to one of hoping Gabriel Jesus still wants to join Arsenal. I don’t want to be negative, but a dose of reality is also required here, in terms of this coming transfer window being significantly impacted by not getting the CL spot. Gabriel Jesus was never for me a played I could get excited about signing, and even here we will now be “lucky” to get him, and for something close to 50m.

Actually, the price tag doesn’t matter to me, that is for the Kroenke’s to deal with, and if they back off from spending commitment, as I have seen possible hints of in one or two rumour pieces, they will be guilty of conning Arsenal fans, so they had better not back off, from spending probably 150m minimum, which will be less, net, after sales.

3 Likes
2 Likes

London card gets over played

3 Likes

Not if you’re rich.

1 Like

Money IS a more important factor.

2 Likes

Stats. Actual amount of chances creates not shown because for Gabriel Jesus it is a smaller sample size (of mins)

1 Like

Mike knows his shit.

Dunno, I can’t see him going there to compete when he can easily do that at City.
Something tells me they know he won’t be joining them but they’re just in to fuck with us.

I’m not worried, he’s guaranteed a starting spot here

1 Like
1 Like

That sounds promising.

9/10 are licking us over them and that 1/10 is because of Paratici/Conte…

Edit: was gonna fix it but I’m keeping the licking there.

2 Likes