Gabriel Jesus (9)

Milan have averaged less revenue than Everton over the last five years. Making the CL and getting new owners will help but I don’t know if they’re ready to shop in a much higher bracket.

A lot of that comes down to the stadium issue though and Milan are building a new one. They could easily attract 60k fans every week and have £90-100m in revenue from ticket sales every year.

There’s also the big fact that they’ve been unsuccessful if they win the Serie A this year and strengthen in the summer and have a solid CL campaign they’re basically going to catapult themselves back into relevance.

1 Like

Is it certain which season they will move to a different stadium?

:skull: :skull: :skull:

:laca2: :laca2: :laca2:

2 Likes

They have to at least pretend to balance the books.

Do they really need too sell him and does he really need to leave?
Can make a case either way for him.

1 Like

Think it’s more about him wanting to go than them wanting to sell to be fair.

2 Likes

They’ve signed two strikers so no doubt he’ll be on the move. One year left on his deal too

I’m convinced we’ll get him for around £20-25m

Isn’t one going on loan though. City play plenty of games and the money won’t be an issue if he decided to run his contract down.
Guess its on him but @sevchenko put a doubt in for me.
They have some ill will to some teams here and can’t recall them selling a top player to a rival outside of milner and he was really only squad player there at the time.

He’s already on loan at River Plate but imagine he’s due back this summer

1 Like

If he really wants to join us I doubt they stand in his way

1 Like

Fair play then. Guess it’s all seems a little to contrived for me right now. CL placing could be a factor still. We’ll see.

Even with just a year to go, I think it’s still gonna be north of £30m

2 Likes

I feel like City won’t stand in his and they’ll let him go for a bit cheaper as he’s been a good player for them and conducted himself like a professional but you could be right

I don’t think he’s worth more than 30m.
He’s played in most of the Man City games and apart from the four against Championship side Watford, he’s only got four PL goals this season, playing in front of the best midfield players in Europe.

1 Like

I haven’t got the stats in front of me but it doesn’t feel like they sell any of their big guys at discounts.

Torres went for 60m according to transfermarkt.

Didn’t Sane leave on a free? He was kind of the last biggish player to move from there right other than Torres? I know Angelino moved but he never really played for City and was not even close to Jesus’ level.

2 Likes

Good point, Sane to Bayern was £54m

Similar situation to Jesus with his deal running down too

It was £44m but I guess the point still remains

Can’t see him going for under £30m tbh

I think the fact City are under the microscope for financial irregularities makes them even more likely to want to recoup a big fee so they can justify their outlay this summer.