Gabriel Jesus (9)

I see, fair enough then.

I like Jesus as one of our striking options and that’s without even comparing him with Lacazette.

Now, if Mikel is truly interested in him, I’d like us to act fast and get him as soon as the transfer window opens. No signing him at the end of the Summer. We have to be decisive, make our move and get the player. Given his Man City contacts, Mikel would probably be able to get this over the line, assuming this is what he wants.

3 Likes

6 more clubs? I hope we still have that different knock.

1 Like

I think it’s a move that makes sense for Jesus and he’s probably trying to let Arsenal know he’s in demand so make sure the money makes sense.

3 Likes

Prick decided to pick up form at the worst(best for him) time.

Do we have a better pull than AC Milan? Not sure

Money wise yes but other aspects not really

Disagree

If we’re in the CL we’re not far off even if they win Serie A which seems likely

If he’s settled in England plus he has worked with Arteta before should set us in good stead hopefully

6 Likes

As long as Barcelona or Real Madrid don’t enter the picture I think we get him.

1 Like

Gotta get CL.

1 Like

I think R-Madrid is a no-go, Benzema wouldn’t be happy to be anything but first choice, and Jesus wouldn’t want to be backup.
Whether we brought in another striker or not, he’d get more gametime here.

Barcelona - If they’re getting Azpillicueta, Alonso, Christensen - presumably all on pretty big wages as free agents, plus potential for Mane/other signings, I’m not sure they have the funds.
Also the fact they already have Aubameyang that they just signed with 3 years left on the contract.

More worried someone like Inter might be interested as a cut price Martinez replacement.
Or A-Madrid with Griezmann going back from loan, Suarez getting older and out of contract, and possibility of Felix moving on.

Replacement for Osimhen at Napoli potentially.
Dortmund getting Adeyemi so hopefully they’re out of the picture.

United won’t want a city reject - plus no CL football, Spuds have Kane and Chelsea don’t need more strikers, plus have a defence to sort out.
Think he’d work well in the Liverpool team but can’t imagine that happening

Bayern have Lewa, Juve have Vlahovic, PSG wouldn’t want him.

That’s about if for anyone that should be rivalling us assuming we get CL

1 Like

What other aspects are you referring to?

AC Milan is a historically bigger club, with regular CL participation potentially coming off a title win. Clear need for him at the CF spot at a higher level

The competitive situation at Arsenal for big trophies isn’t as good, they are more likely to fall out of the CL spots compared to AC Milan.

Is it a given City would sell to Arsenal if there are others interested abroad too? I don’t think Arteta’s pull or living in England is that big an anchor he isn’t going to consider living elsewhere like Milan

Btw I’m not saying it’s a given he’d go there - Just saying It doesn’t seem like a easy deal if 5 other clubs are interested

3 Likes

If he signed for AC Milan I’d be surprised but that would be a huge move for them. They desperately need a striker it’s been the case for years now

Ibra at 40 and Giroud (at any age) are not adequate first choice strikers that’s for sure. They’ve got some talent on the squad but really they need new attackers.

2 Likes

Don’t disagree with much of what you’ve said, but I really don’t think City see us as anywhere near enough of a rival to prefer selling abroad.
More likely to get cash up front selling to us rather than the 50 instalments from anyone in Serie A

3 Likes

We have to assume that there are clubs in pursuit of Gabriel that could give him equal or better project to work with.
Hopefully being a starter for Arsenal is a big enough pull for him

1 Like

AC Milan are on the verge of a takeover from mega wealthy Arab group last I read

Didn’t know about that…

US firm in pole position now supposedly, not that it makes much difference I guess

If they’re that wealthy you’d think they might set their sights higher like Lewa/Osimhen/Martinez/Nunez/Lukaku bearing in mind striker has to be their #1 target, but not that many good striker options in the market

1 Like

Yeah I just read that apparently Elliot (current owners) aren’t convinced of how the Investcorp group will fund the takeover so now it seems an American firm are in pole position now

Either way they’ll have more money than they have had in recent years so it’ll be good for the club