Gabriel Jesus (9)

No interchanging of positions today around the box today was the.

2 Likes

I was watching some highlights the other day from Jesus and he was pretty much doing what we lacked today.

Hunt down their players, drop deep, give support to Odegaard, Martinelli and others.

Mind you, thereā€™s not much we can do here now. Jesus is out. Lessons to be learned from the team when this happens, because it is bound to happen again.

4 Likes

Jesus forces errors with his superb work rate and intelligent pressing. He also creates unique problems with his brilliant dribbling ability, and very underrated hold up play.

Seems like we really needed him today. We will need both Jesus and Nketiah fit to maintain freshness and variety when we come up against opponents like this.

5 Likes

Martinelli himself still should not be playing this bad. Needs to adapt his game.

2 Likes

When is this man back? Eddie wasnā€™t terrible today but he just doesnā€™t offer the same energy and control as gabby.

1 Like

Yep. No control to his performance today. Speed isnā€™t enough without control.
Quick thinking is better than speed alone.

3 Likes

Yeah against an organized side that sits back and contains him, he can struggleā€¦ today he looked toothless for the most part. Trossard a little bitter but his shooting was tragic.

1 Like

Agree but also think very much the issue wasnā€™t Eddie vs. Jesus - we were not creating much for long stretches and it looked easy for Everton to contain us.

2 Likes

Think Martinelli really misses this guy and he pulls out left and high up the pitch that gives Martinelli a lot more space to roam into.

1 Like

He has to fancy himself against Coleman though.

2 Likes

I agree mate he has been down. Iā€™m not just talking about today though Iā€™m talking about in general, his form dip seems to have coincided with Jesus injury.

Is that just a coincidence? Or Is he missing the spaces Jesus occupies contributing to it ?

Either way not good enough, agreed.

1 Like

Martinelli dropped off since before the injury to Jesus.
Still managed to hide it with a goal or assist here and there but his overall performances arenā€™t there.
Rarely do you see him terrorising fullbacks like he used to.

We saw a glimpse of it against City when he came off the bench. Should have happened again today.

Feels like they doubled up on our wide players because they knew we were harmless if we had to play through the middle without Jesus, he is just such a menace in that space between 30-10y from the goal.

I was thinking for a while we should desperately try putting the Parteys and Xhakas bang central in front of their defense and just take shots but idnoā€¦ I got pictures of Jesus slaloming through 3 players centrally this game. Or even dropping out wide to +1 when they were crowding our wide guys couldā€™ve helped a lot. In hindsight, anyways.

3 Likes

Just hope Jezooz is a menace when he comes back into the team - he has been missed (gives us a number of other dimensions to our attacking play).

I saw this graph on twitter. Interesting reading.

Alien.

5 Likes

Rumours on twitter saying hes back training at Colney

2 weeks and weā€™ll see him I think

1 Like

Credit to Nketiah we havenā€™t missed Jesus much, but canā€™t wait to see us back to our high gear play like we were before the world cup once heā€™s back to full fitness.

5 Likes

Whoā€™ll start a game first, ESR or Gabriel Jesus?

• Emile Smith Rowe
  • Gabriel Jesus

0 voters

Canā€™t fucking wait until this guy is back starting games again.

1 Like