Gabriel Jesus (9)

It really was. It turned a lot of Arteta outs to start noticing the improvement

1 Like

February is upon us, Jesus is coming.

Eddie x Gabby :champagne:

Defences seeing those two menaces coming at them:

5 Likes

This countdown till his return is going to end in tears.

Good to see he still has human legs and feet. Seems the recovery is going really well :muscle:

7 Likes

Maybe his toes are gone, who knowsā€¦

Heā€™s on that weird grass you donā€™t get in England

Should be ready for the City match right?

1 Like

Very unlikely heā€™ll be match fit for that game no?

Itā€™s only like 3 weeks away and he hasnā€™t started getting any minutes yet. Maybe for the one in April.

1 Like

No way he plays that game, especially not at 100%

Obsessing over every tweet and picture wonā€™t change that. Rehab isnā€™t something that can timed on a watch. Bit like ESR he wonā€™t just come straight in and be playing 90 mins, might well have a few setbacks and miss a few more weeks here and there too.

1 Like

Itā€™s all on the supplier :sunglasses:

i really dont want him to rush and do himself inā€¦we are coping. I am hoping that he chills out a bit i know he is eager to play. I rather he comes back when ready and chip in for the last few games than rush back and be out for a year.

1 Like

Obviously the rehab is going as well as can be expected thus far, bloke comes across as a lot more professional than ESR, Iā€™m confident weā€™ll see him back on the pitch in early March.

How do you conclude that he comes across more professional than ESR?

3 Likes

At times I think ESR hasnā€™t looked as in shape as youā€™d expect for a professional athlete.

Jesus also has a really good record when it comes to durability, this would be the longest injury of his career ? Also never gets soft tissue problems which is often avoided by elite preparation.

Yeah not sure what Aussie is on about here.

From all the reports and interviews I read, ESR was basically at every training session, tactics meeting, etc. that he could go to outside of his own rehab. Travelled with Arteta to Dubai and was on the sidelines for all of the training there and meet ups etc.

He could easily just have gone on holiday/done his own rehab but sounds like he specifically asked Arteta to let him get involved as much as possible so he could hit the ground running.

3 Likes

ESR had problem years back with diet until the club gave him a personal chef. His diet shouldnt be a problem atm.

Some people just get more injured than others. No matter how Diaby and Wilshere trained and ate they would have been plauged by injuries. Dont think you can criticise a player for getting soft tissue injuries at this level where everything is taken care of for the players.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™m tipping Jesus never had a problem with diet, bonafide professional.

Anyways Hopefully ESR can be back this Saturday and stay available for the rest of the season as a rotational option off the bench.

2 Likes

Looking forward to the game. ESR featuring will be the icing on the cake.

1 Like

One of those games today he wouldā€™ve thrived in.
Our midfield needed more support today, especially Odegaard. Eddie needs to get more involved in these type of games.

5 Likes