Gabriel Jesus (9)

Also a robot tbf

Jesus comes across as a bit of a robot, so hopefully it’s a similar fate here.

1 Like

Even if he looked ok I don’t think they would risk it. Jesus is far too important to our style of play to bring him back early.

Giroud was another who always came back from injury super quick

2 Likes

I don’t really remember him being out for extended periods.

Exactly. He had a few injuries that were supposed to sideline him for a while but he’d often bounce back weeks and months ahead of schedule.

If I’m not mistaken, he had surgery at City on one occassion that kept him out for a little while

Edit: you were chatting about Giroud :man_facepalming:

I guess having a healthy scrub is better than no scrub at all.

Only injury I remember was when we signed Welbeck. He came back after 3 or so weeks.

Giroud was like that smell of dead granny in an old car that just wont go away.

1 Like

It wasn’t the car. I stowed her corpse in the Thule.

4 Likes

@Electrifying timeline now pls

3 Likes
3 Likes

Absolutely love his mentality. Had a tough end of the year with his goal drought, not being a starter for Brazil and then the injury but seems to be taking it on the chin.

Jesus coming back with a point to prove in February, in addition to a forward signing and ESR coming back, we may be cooking.

6 Likes

“like a new signing”

He’ll be back in no time!

It’s weird because someone could easily say you had Jesus and Nketiah before, what has changed now.

The energy when we started the season with Jesus being fired up and Nketiah coming off another great preseason(and end of last season), it was really such a great combination.
Nketiah was coming on as a sub and defences looked unable to cope with him after already being terrorised all game by Martinelli, Jesus and Saka.

Nketiah clearly lost a bit of confidence as the season went and we stopped seeing much of an impact when he was coming on.

Having them both fired up and being supported by other dangerous players in Martinelli, ESR, Saka, Odegaard and hopefully another forward has me pumped up. I could genuinely see the side take yet another step forward and become even more dangerous and lethal than before.

1 Like

I agree

Obviously it was a blow to lose him, but it could be a blessing as Eddie has done well and has had a run of games to get him into form. When Jesus is back fit and we have him for the run in fixtures that is going to a massive boost to everyone, plus the addition of one or two attacking players potentially.

It could definitely work out in our favour but we will have to wait and see.

That pass to Odegaard against Chelsea still lives rent-free in my brain.
Have mercy on the rest of the PL if we’re still top of the PL when he comes back.

4 Likes