Gabriel Jesus (9)

Depends what you mean get away with ? Get by for a solid 2nd or 3rd placed finish ? Probably. Beat City to the title ? No

Don’t really think we could compete with City with Jesus. WedHave had a chance with jesus, new winger and new CF.

You are right, when I say get away with, I mean top 3. Jesus back in March hopefully.

1 Like

Hottest property now is surely Goncalo Ramos. Would we go north of 100 million for him?

Chelsea or United most likely would

Both in desperate need of a bona fide #9, we won’t be anywhere near the race

And how would Jesus feel about this? :stuck_out_tongue:

I read this when you wrote it and havent been able to get it out of my thinking as a possible option

I think this would be a fantastic deal, but Milan will not let him go out on loan id imagine.

Im thinking a well known striker on loan is a good option
Isnt there a striker who has just left Man Utd? :eyes:

Jesus Forgives

2 Likes

I’m scared that our solution is an elevated role for Nelson and Martinelli pushed through the middle.

We supposedly wanted to add Raphinha in the summer, and that was on top of signing Jesus.

Jesus out for 3 months only makes it a more pressing need for the club who wanted a forward anyway.

Whether we are able to bring in the player we want in January is another question. It might be one of those situations where we have to pay an extra £20m to secure the player we want. Inflation sucks in that window but when will we ever get another chance like this to challenge for the title?

If we identify the player and he has an inflated but not silly price tag (eg Mudryk for 60m instead of 40m or whatever) then we just have to bite the bullet.

Winning a league title would make us globally relevant again and a huge shot in the arm for us on every level imaginable - football prestige, commercial deals, fan engagement, player acquisition and contract extensions.

It’s a huge, huge opportunity and I hope we exhaust every possible avenue to strengthen in January.

10 Likes

Best chance we have to win the title for a while. If we’re serious, we bring in a top forward in Jan. If that needs to be a loan, so be it.

A top forward with Jesus returning at the end of February could have is as serious challengers.

I fucking pray he has a good recovery and is available for the City game in the middle of February and that too much damage isn’t done in the mean time.

7 Likes

I can see us getting someone in on loan
An older established striker.

@Phoebica know anyone who fits the bill?

I would have said Giroud. But the best striker in international football is too good for us now.

1 Like

We are a team of young, technical players, makes no sense to add some old clogger into the mix

2 Likes

And the extra revenue that you listed that comes with such a finish, would likely pay for the “extra” cost now to go get a top player.

Not too mention future seasons as well

2 Likes

Reading a 25th Feb return date.

Not great but not awful, either.

2 Likes

Hopefully it goes even better and he’s back ready to play 10 days earlier than that.

1 Like

I think we need to add a few weeks to whatever that expected return date is. There may not be any setbacks in recovery but I can’t remember a player hitting their return date and being basically 80-90% of what they were immediately except for Xhaka because he’s a robot.

Elneny this season ?

1 Like