Food Thread

I was going to say is that one of the green egg cookers ?
What’s it like ?

It is indeed a Big Green Egg.

It’s fantastic, although I would say I’m a much better cook in the kitchen, rather than at the BBQ. Being from the UK, I never cooked outside.

I’m still learning, haven’t had the ambition to slow cook brisket over night for example, but the simple stuff - grilled meats, pizza etc, have been fantastic.

I’m outside cooking up right now - BBQ, baseball, sun and an alcoholic beverage. This new southern life is good, although the mosquitoes can fuck right off

1 Like

@Mondo we did pizzas on the Big Green Egg again. :v:

2 Likes

Damn that looks tasty. I’m about to have a pie myself. Ready at any moment. But not from the egg.

Edit: pizza finished. Washed down with some Tuscan DOCG.

1 Like

Not bad at all

https://twitter.com/footyscran/status/1700858512329334853?s=46&t=LlMNFvsPPy2ozwuX8FhQrA

I love casserole recipes with veggies. There’s just something incredibly satisfying about the way different vegetables come together, creating a harmonious medley of flavors and textures. One of my favorites is a hearty vegetable lasagna casserole, where layers of zucchini, bell peppers, spinach, and mushrooms intermingle with rich tomato sauce and gooey melted cheese. The beauty of casserole dishes lies in their versatility—you can experiment with various vegetables and spices to tailor them to your taste preferences. Plus, the convenience of assembling everything in one dish makes cleanup a breeze, allowing you to relish the delicious outcome of a nutritious and flavorful meal with minimal effort.

1 Like

I’m a massive fan of one pot meals because my kitchen at home isn’t particularly massive, so everything I do I try and keep it to one frying pan or dish.

Daal is my go to this time of year, one pot, loads of variations and relatively cheap, tastes good with or without meat.

3 Likes

Exactly my dinner tonight. A very adaptive dish as you say and super nutritious for a mid-week meal.

I have to mention though that I’m not a massive fan of ‘cooked’ spinach, which throws me a bit sometimes but I chuck it in anyway haha.

1 Like

Same mate, I just blanche it first, squeeze out the liquid and then chop it really finely then put it in. Not a huge fan of the texture left whole, at least chopped finely it’s almost just like having chopped herbs in it, you don’t notice it.

1 Like

Such a good shout, I can’t believe I didn’t think of that, cheers mate!

Risotto has been one of my new favourite one pan wonders.

I always make tonnes of beef/chicken stock that I stick in the freezer with my leftover bones and bits of aromats and veggies lying around to minimise waste so it works perfectly.

Last night’s delicacy was sous vide rump. No sauce as try to be healthier durong the week so had a side of green veg.

8 Likes

That is a good looking rump! Maldon smoked sea salt you need in your life to finish that off :wink:

1 Like