Food Thread

I just had a flame grilled chicken breast burger with all the trimmings and Peri peri sauce… stuff of nightmares for @Calum

4 Likes

This is really tragic how you keep going on about this. Like really tragic lol

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

The only kind of food I want to eat in this heat.

3 Likes

I know the pictures are getting annoying but when your a pit master like me and there is a glimmer of sunshine then the only way to cook is to bbq and or grill, going to build my own tandoor style brick oven in the garden inspired by the various ones I’ve come across in my life. Big enough to slide a big fuck off chicken in but small enough to heat up quickly.

Until then I will leave you a picture of my latest Impromptu BBQ, masala flavoured curried chicken, served with home made sweet potato fries, corn on the cob and some broccoli and side of Waitrose coleslaw because ain’t no one got time to be making that.

5 Likes

lol I always forget you folk from the rest of the world only have the shitty orange ‘sweet potato’. Over here, the ugly shitty orange ones are uncommon and the norm is purple which we call ‘Kumara’. Honestly, people need to try this shit:

Gotta die of something, right? 🤷

I’ve had this loads of times. I can confirm it so much much better than the orange sweet potato

1 Like

Anyone ever made a Lancashire hotpot?

Wife has. Basically a stew with a pastry on top.

1 Like

Wanna attempt this

1 Like

I put sliced potatoes on top when I make it

1 Like

I’m thinking about just how much lamb to use. I wanna serve 3 people.

We do sometimes. Couple of ladies I work with from Bolton insist on the pastry.
I like both tbh.

1 Like

Well how does Betty do it? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I always work on the premise of 150g-200g of protein per person which is soon bulked out by all the other bits in it.

Never seen it with pastry before, doesn’t that just make it a pie? :joy:

2 Likes

Only as a covering on the top.

1 Like

Barbara from Bolton is having you on with her pie antics

4 Likes

Barbara from Bolton could be 100 years old. In which case, she is right. A quick Google tells me that traditionally it was made with pastry.

1 Like