Financial Fair Play

115 charges against one of the top 3 wealthiest clubs in the world with a fleet of the best lawyers money can buy was always going to take years to resolve. Especially because after the action against Everton but even before that, the pressure to make this meaningfully stick is absolutely huge.

1 Like

It should do but if Chelsea and Man City don’t get a bigger punishment than Everton or Forest, then we’ll know that FFP is corrupt and not doing its job properly.

Both money laundering clubs should be banned from any transfers for several seasons, as well as a points deduction, because fining them would be no deterrent at all.

1 Like

He’s fake teeth teat but he is our fake teeth twat.

3 Likes

Klopp is right but it’s a shame the hypocrites in the media, like Lineker, keep their mouths shut.
More people in football should highlight the cheating going on with these money laundering clubs.

Like he said, Man City already had the best players and manger, then went out and bought the best striker in Europe, so how can any other club compete with that.

1 Like

Honestly, the more I read this, the more I think of United creating this monster 20-30 years ago. While they weren’t financially “doped”, the amount of money they were throwing at players and their subsequent wages was obscene.

1 Like

This is why I don’t give a shit about City.

You reap what you sow, enjoy the pile of shit you have now

2 Likes

It was annoying when Ferguson bought a world class player every window, while often breaking the transfer record and out bidding us and rival clubs for several players.

He signed the likes of Robson, Keane, Bruce, Pallister, Cole, Ferdinand, Rooney, Yorke, Veron, Carrick, van Nistelroy, Berbatov, etc, who were all expensive and most of them were from the PL.

As successful as Ferguson was, buying the best players in Europe every window certainly helped him.

1 Like

United spent a lot. But I don’t think it’s anything like City. United had down periods and weaknesses which is part of football and other clubs took advantage. City have effectively cheated to an untouchable position and somehow every window don’t seem to ever have financial problems despite mass spending all the time.

I don’t think City would’ve had as much success without Pep tbh, certainly not the type of success they’ve had since his second season here.

That’s where they hit the jackpot. Pep with significant financial backing is just as good as it gets. That’s when they reached

2 Likes

On the flip side he’d start a team of O’Shea, Fletcher, Wes Brown, Silvestre etc etc and still turn teams over like a pancake.

Arsenal mentioned in here too. Sounds like we’re good. Our wage bill is still lower than Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea.

It’s going to be very interesting to see how it plays out. Every club is going to be needing to offload to generate funds and especially academy players due to the profit impact.

Everton, Forest, Villa, Newcastle, Chelsea, Wolves all sweating.

I’d like this to be the end of the daft transfer fees but don’t see it, clubs want maximum income but minimum outgoings.

It seems unfair that Chelsea and Man City have got away with it for so long, while winning loads of trophies they didn’t deserve but it’s the clubs that had to play catch up that are getting punished because they’ve had to pay inflated prices for average players.

1 Like

You know, this is starting to ick me a bit because it feels counterproductive that clubs now prioritize selling homegrown talent.

One of the best thing as football fan is seeing lads from your youth ranks make it to the first team and play a big part for years to come.

This is gonna become even more rare now.

But the rules haven’t changed so they still need the same amount in the squad as well.

It could at least lead to young homegrown players getting chances at lower PL clubs more than before if big clubs need the funds from their sale.

Then just depends how the deal is structured with buy backs etc.

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/1767243600444682523

Will this reign in clubs or just an open-field for abuse?

It’s not a good move and i dont understand why the smaller clubs would go for it. Anyone outside the top 6/Newcastle really should be voting against this.

3 Likes

Will this change make a difference to Mancity or Chavskis judgments?