Financial Fair Play

They’ll be judged on the rules in place at the time the offences occured.

3 Likes
Should an owner be able to invest in a club’s wages/transfer budget (knowing they will lose money)
  • Owners should be able to lose what they like as long as the club itself is left in a healthy position
  • Losses allowed up to £X/X% per year/3 years
  • Clubs should run organically, fines for any losses over X period

0 voters

No way can I vote for the 1st option after witnessing how Chelsea and City the changed the game. Not just in the market but the sport in general. Don’t know what ‘healthy’ means either with the amount of cooking the books I suspect is going on.

1 Like

I’m a bit torn myself, I like the idea of the organic option, but arguably this reduces competition as the smaller clubs would never be able to compete with the big boys.

Although I think investment in infrastructure isn’t counted for this (under current FFP rules at least).
And it should help the wage/transfer market settle down which would have a knock-on positive effect on the smaller clubs

This angle is understandable but as we can see with City it doesn’t really create more competition, in fact City’s domination has reduced it. Arsenal and Liverpool (Incidentally, the traditional big clubs) had to put together several years of a well-run operation to try to compete with City.

City beat Watford 6-0 in a Cup Final and many supporters just thought the match was a joke and pointless for how uncompetitive it was.

1 Like

Having massive investors at small clubs means it’s about the owner rather than the club or supporters.
We’ve seen with Chelsea and Man City that the inflated price of players makes it impossible for other properly run clubs to compete with them.

As much as I can’t stand spurs or Man U, at least they spend what they earn but Chelsea and Man City buying success for their entitled plastic supporters is too much.

If FFP changer the rules and don’t give points deductions or transfer bans, then they must have got massive backhanders.

It’s pointless fining Man City or Chelsea and if they do, where does that money go?

The clubs set the rules by a 2/3 vote. No need for back handers, its all about self interest.