FIFA Women's World Cup 2019

By the looks of that clip… Literally

Before any of the VAR shite today that Cameroon girl being allowed to spit on Toni Duggan was totally disgusting.
What followed later on them fouls was down to leniency by people terrified of the game being turned into a complete farce and meltdown and over shadowing the tournament .

1 Like

Wenger getting a namecheck

I didn’t watch the game so can’t comment on how Cameroon played or how they behaved.

I did find this below clip interesting. Different take to what I’ve been seeing.

Neville wasn’t even referring to the way Cameroon played

True. Neville was taking a macro view of the women’s game. ESPN panel shifted the argument.

The scenes where the players were incensed by correct VAR decisions going against them IS a terrible look for the game.

From what I’m hearing, the way Cameroon played doesn’t sound too dissimilar to how they played versus the Netherlands. They’re a team that tries to be physical and they stepped over the line a couple of times in that game. One of their players tried to boot a Dutch player in the face ffs.

Well ESPN were insinuating that his comments were about the way Cameroon played, rather than the way they reacted to the decisions going against them. A team whose players were heard shouting in the tunnel that this was UEFA being racist.

It kind of reminds me of the way pundits were speaking about us vs Stoke.

1 Like

Press conference with Neville for anyone. 13 minutes in :+1:

USA in the lead already :roll_eyes:

Spain score and @Bl1nk prediction of the yanks not conceding in the tournament goes down.:sunglasses:

1 Like

It wasn’t me who predicted that :grinning: thought it was a bold and cocky prediction with no chance of happening.

Apologies for that.

That was me. It was a bold prediction.

1 Like

2-1 USA, fairly cheap pen

France v USA should be a good match. You’d expect whoever wins that to go on and win the tournament – unless England upset the party of course :sunglasses:

Fancy Norway as dark horses for this tbh

don’t say dark horses infront of the Nigeria girls

1-0 Sweden, get peppered wildlings! (this is the battle of the north)

we’re even saving your cheap arse penalties because it’s so easy.

Canucks gonzo.

tbf we were better at everything and the refs were silly, how does canadia get a throw-in when a canadian player slides on top of the ball as it crosses the side line. And how do you still get to take a corner, 8:30 into extra time when nothing particular has happened the entire half except one goal and there was separate extra time given in the first half. Anyway, it was a pretty epic pen save on a very well taken penalty. Now we’re on to get peppered by Germany instead :grimacing: