FIFA Women's World Cup 2019

Yes, Sweden were the better team, but Canada didn’t do themselves any favours and needs to learn not to give the ball away. I only saw the second “half”, but the giveaways were, let’s say, not infrequent. Sweden’s goal was a direct result of a Canada giveaway deep in their own half and then the Canadian goalie and defender got it all wrong with the Swedish lass skipping the ball between them for the goal.

And WTF did they need VAR for on Canada’s penalty? Another example of VAR fucking up the game.

1 Like

the penalty rule for the ladies is so silly in this cup lol, miedema (?) shoots the japanese girl on the arm from such a close distance that her foot almost touches her at the end of the swing, and that’s a penalty. The arm is perfectly normally by the side of the body, just not kept in with an effort. Plenty of penalties like these now (because of the rules), and it is equally silly every time.

It’s so stupid that by now all the players should look to chip the ball on defenders’ arms in the penalty area for the rest of the tournament, anything else is poor strategy, it’s so easy and it is given every time.

The only positive about it is that Like gets to score another one, she’s been the best on the pitch (maybe Iwabuchi has a case) this game.

Smash ‘n grab :kos2:

Awful performance. Can’t believe we won.

If that’s the rule that’s the rule. Intent is bullshit interpretation. I actually really like how they have been consistent this WC. In my mind I can’t comprehend how that’s a pen, apart from this strict reading of the rule. So the game can adapt rather than the rule. I love it.

Norway - England kicking off in 15 mins!

I think we might lose. Norway seem to be the surprise package of this tournament.

1 Like

Perhaps not :grinning:

Comfortable win, didn’t expect that!

Yeah, though to be fair to Norway the scoreline doesn’t tell the full story. They could have scored a few goals if Steph Houghton wasn’t super woman.

Anyone watching? Cracking game!

1 Like

yeah it is

lol CLEAR hands, that should be a penalty by the standards of this tournament 100% no doubt lol

Yeah agreed. Holland got one that was less obvious v Japan

Yeah they’re in every game lol, Canada got one against us as well

We’re into the semi’s for the first time ever :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Fully deserved win and a fair bit left in the tank for the semi.

We’re back in the lead 2-1 from being down 1-0, let’s goooo

1 Like

Sweden have been really good!!

One more goal might kill it off.

This will be a shock. But all good with me, would rather play Netherlands than Germany in the final anyway :sunglasses:

:bellerin:

We beat you in 2017 to win the Euros.