FIFA Women's World Cup 2019

Holland - Canada about to kick off!

Bold prediction 30 minutes in to the final group game:

USA will not have a playing scored on them the entire tournament. They may give up a penalty.

some proper good teams in that women’s world cup. some of the GK and defending leaves a lot to be desired. some of the teams were out of their depths i.e Thailand. But U.S.A look the strongest team, Germany look decent as do England. France with the backing they got could go far. Holland and Japan is the stand out game of the last 16.

Great to see the women get major coverage for this world cup.

1 Like

Knockout round started!

First match Germany - Nigeria just kicked off.

VAR fucked it again then.

1 Like

Penalty shootout between Norway and Australia!

Perfect pens by Norway. They go through!

Kerr’s pen was fucking woeful :joy:

Great game that Norway Aus match. Finished strong in the ET but fuck me VAR adds some time on the clock.
Don,t see the Norwegian girl reaching that ball on the red either. Harsh that for me especially on a review.

1 Like

Gotta love an indirect free kick from six yards out. Don’t see that often! More exciting than a penalty – in fact, I want to put that idea forward for future penalty shootouts.

Drama in Valenciennes :eyes:

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Wait what?!

The Cameroon team all came together in the middle of the pitch and had a massive strop because VAR awarded England a goal that had originally been flagged for being offside.

And now it’s happened again. VAR has taken a goal off Cameroon and they’re going apeshit again :laughing:

that’s what needs to happen for racism not var

1 Like

Well according to them it is racism. Gabby Logan said at half time that some of Cameroon’s players were crying in the tunnel and have accused FIFA of racism.

were the var decisions correct? I didn’t see it

Yep. To be fair to Cameroon though it was close and obviously they can’t see the replay themselves, but yeah the right decisions – a little bit offside is still offside.

God VAR sounds like it’s been a farce for this world cup :joy:

1 Like

Yep, another bizarre VAR decision in the France Brazil match.

1 Like

This game was just jokes. The referee had absolutely no control, just let Cameroon walk all over her.