Ferguson vs Wenger | Pep vs Klopp

Hold a sec, looking at the original post for this thread. It was Telegraph trying to big this up as something, now to pivot to say this rivalry isn’t serious?

I suppose they got the clicks they wanted.

Two different writers.

Wenger and Fergie would never

Man, why is such a big deal made of this? To an extent football is different now.

When they are on the pitch they give everything to get the win and go hard as they can.

So drama driven to want them to hate each others guts, honestly don’t get this need for them to be mortal enemies

2 Likes

It would be more fun though

I mean there was Wenger and Mourinho if you want that stuff.
Just on the field it was all a bit one sided.

I get more than enough out of what I see on the pitch tbh

2 Likes

The rivalry was better between BaconFace and Wenger and the football was better.

1 Like

Only one man in the 4 not won the CL. The other 3 all win it with Henry,Bergkamp and Pires and PV4

1 Like

And Wenger would probably win it with Man United’s resources.

He had a strong enough hand to win this mate.

Wenger would not…
because he preferred to go cheap (actually it is a compliment, saying he did not spend big usually).
So even if he was with United, most likely he would be the same Wenger of Arsenal…

Nah I honestly don’t think he got the rub of the green in the CL.

We probably had a chance to win it between 04 and 06 (inclusive) based on our team. The rest boils down to the luck and magic you need to win a cup.

That’s 3 seasons out of the 14 odd that we were in the CL. Now, if you gave Wenger the money to buy Stam (to replace Bould), Rio (to replace Adams) and Rooney (as a long term successor to Bergkamp) then we’re winning at least 1 CL with Wenger.

If we didn’t lose to Chelsea I think that would have been our year, that was heartbreaking.

Porto would have dived their way to the trophy, I’m sure.

Isn’t it a case we shouldn’t have lost too Chelsea though.

3 Likes

That’s what I should have said really

1 Like

Absolutely. We had a strong enough team between 2002-2004 to win it, not man if ant had better starting elevens in Europe at the time.

Klopp > Pep and if you think otherwise, you are massively stupid.
Better football with less resources.
I hope Klopp wins PL and CL if we are not winning it.

Nah bollocks to this

3 Likes