Fábio Vieira (21)

My MiL bought tissues with a vaporub coating on them for the house. Imagine my surprise when I used one to wipe my eye.

4 Likes

obas oil tissues are another one that will put you in agony…yikes they can blow your head off.

1 Like

^^ ^ Good heads-ups to not wipe your arse with them.

3 Likes

Or your gonads.

A lot rests on this lad now, very curious to see what he’s about, how key a player he will be this season and where he will play. Is he a viable CM option? Will he play regularly out wide? Is he seen as an AM more than a CM, meaning it’ll only be the Odegaard role he can play in and not either the Xhaka or Partey role? (I can’t see him being a DM based in what little I’ve seen or read about him)

Depending on where he plays, he might be an answer to either the CM or wide attacker a lot of us have wanted to see signed all summer. If he is going to be a key player in either of those roles then maybe everything will be fine and we don’t have much to worry or complain about in this window. If he isn’t an answer to either of those needs this season then things might get a bit sticky.

I’m very excited to see him play and start to get answers to some of those questions, but I guess I had hoped that I could be excited to see him play and develop without pinning any of my hopes for the season on him being an immediate answer to some of our squad issues.

4 Likes

When we first signed him, Porto fans were talking about how he’s played LB, LW, RW, CAM and CM.

It seems like he is a versatile player, I guess we just need to see it for ourselves.

1 Like

Confident about him being class but boy was that preseason injury inconvenient. They’ll take their sweet time settling him in while we’re pretty light in midfield. He’s also the only recognisable cover we have for Saka so we could see him in multiple positions.

3 Likes

Kevin Grosskreutz played 11 positions for BVB Dortmund, and???
You can play everywhere means you are a backup for everyone, not a starter.

Always a good time to bring this clip back.

7 Likes

Tbf I think he SHOULD be the answer to some of our squad issues.

Edu and Arteta invested a decent chunk of our transfer budget this summer into him… Imagine we didn’t spend those 30-35M in Vieira and invested it into a winger or a 6. Not saying this was a bad decision, but he should be able to perform on a pretty decent level this season already.

He’s not that young either. He played 54 league games for Porto.

I EXPECT him to be a very good option on both wings. He obviously prefers the right side, but should be decent on the left too. A more creative/technical alternative to Saka/Martinelli. Also I expect him to be a decent cover/alternative for Odegaard, that should be his main role in the future (playing next to Odegaard as the other number 8 to be precise). And he should be that more attacking alternative to Xhaka, maybe when we’re chasing goals etc.
Generally I expect him to bring that extra touch of creativity and add some valuable technical quality to our midfield and the whole team, considering the technical level of the team is still not that high when you look at where Arteta is heading.

7 Likes

I only caught some of the end of the game. What did people make of his short cameo?

I liked what I saw.
Sexy pass to Martinelli that was intercepted in the end by the defender’s tip toe.
Not shy to shoot from range… did it twice. Good efforts.
Always look to pass forward.
Made a couple of intelligent interceptions as well.

Needs to play more.

I don’t think much can be taken from that cameo. It’s clear that he wants to get on the ball though.

A lot of people rated his cameo. The one thing that stood out for me was his pass to Martinelli. Takes out 3 players with it.

2 Likes

Our very own KDB indeed…

I thought he showed great quality on the ball. It was quite obvious every time he was on the ball he’s a great technician, comfortable turning with the ball in tight areas etc. I’m quite excited and curious to see what he could offer after getting some proper playing time. Expecting big things from him tbh.

Btw he’s even smaller than I thought he was, almost looks like a kid among grown men. Let’s hope it doesn’t handicap him that much. It didn’t stop Bernardo Silva from being one if the most influential City players at times, and they often like to compare Vieira to him.

2 Likes

Great pass, but I’m sorry I’m not prepared to get carried away with that. I’m sure he’s got great technique, but is he ready to contribute to our top 4 push right now? Hard to say.

3 Likes

Decent beard game. I’m prepared to give him a couple more games to prove himself.

2 Likes

And if he twirls his moustache, I’ll give him a further game to prove what he’s got.

If he’s still not showing anything by that point then he can get in the bin. A goatee and moustache will only carry so much goodwill at the end of the day, all you fuckers need to know this

1 Like

If he goes mustache only, I think we have to consider benching Ødegaard.