Fábio Vieira (21)

You can read it through a paywall remover for nothing if you google that.

I am not saying do that tho :innocent:

You ever considered law school?

1 Like

No.

I worked in a lawyers for a few months in 2017 as temp maternity cover doing admin work and it was the worst job I’ve ever had in my life. I hated it and when they told me I hadn’t passed the probation and was leaving after this chat it was the best moment of my time there

12 Likes

Not levelling this at Joshua for one moment, but a lot of lawyers are professionally trained assholes. In fact, my daughter’s first question to her lawyer when seeking representation in an mvc case was, “Are you an asshole?” The reply was a knowing smile, and she won her award.

Trial lawyers like that have an outsized reputation on lawyers as a whole. People often don’t realize that many attorneys go their entire careers without setting foot in a courtroom.

My dad has been practicing for like 50 years and has been in a courtroom maybe three times and they were all back before I was even born.

A lot of attorneys are transactional lawyers who do deals and if litigation ever comes out of those deals it gets farmed out to other firms or entities.

The job I left was obviously litigation focused but the one I have now is mostly about government compliance.

And yeah, when you get private attorneys who are hustling for their next meal there’s sometimes an incentive in certain jurisdictions to be brash and abrasive in order to secure the bag. But I would say that approach doesn’t always pay off. We had a few private defense attorneys who acted like that where I practiced and word got out quickly that they were unpleasant and unprofessional to deal with. People stopped making plea offers or engaging in plea negotiations because the attorneys were just straight up unprofessional. There’s a fine line between being a zealous advocate and being a douchebag. A good attorney knows how to walk that line imo.

2 Likes

It’s an extremely common misconception that a lot of lawyers are the type of lawyers that argue in court or ‘represent’ clients. The reality however is many don’t even set foot in a courtroom in their entire career.

This is even more true here because we don’t have a huge civil system and that is further negated by the accident compensation scheme we have which basically means people can’t sue each other for shit like lost earnings etc

Plenty of lawyers literally sit in an office all day basically filling out paperwork lol

Almost word for word :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Oh shit. Does this mean we’re drift compatible?

Absolutely agree with your points, gents. My wife was a paralegal for many years in the federal gov’t. in aboriginal law, treaties, land claims, etc. Never got near a courtroom.

I’ve spent more time in courts than most lawyers :slight_smile:

Makes you qualified to practice law more than 60% of the folks carrying bar card at any given moment.

YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH.

Sorry, nothing to add in relation to law and tge legal practice.

4 Likes

You a tennis player

1 Like

I think he meant the shoes.

1 Like

What’s up with this guy will he play in the next games, He is supposed to be versatile, maybe he can play as a CM

1 Like

Not sure he has much history playing as a 6 ?

Vieira at 6 ? that smells like CHAMPAGNE FOOTBALL AT THE CARPET ! IM IN

Vieira playing at 6 would have me yearning for the days of Denilson.

What a harsh introduction to Premier League football that would be! Playing out of position In a midweek game.

1 Like

Looking at his profile he seems more of a 10 or 8, so an option to the positions Ødegaard and Xhaka are currently occupying.

Last time we had Vieira as a DM we were quite good, Arteta should defo give it a go just for the name sake, he should also put vaporub on his shirt

6 Likes